3 posts in this topic

Friday the 13th:

Got out lil late(0615) and started w/ real bloodworms. Kept getting bites on the short rods...but worms stolen...finally brought in a VERY small spot...even w/ small hooks, they were stealing my bait:angry9:.

Switched over to squid strips tipped w/ bloodworm-Fishbites. That was the ticket!:happy2: Wish I could have stayed a lil later, but had to go get the family and bring them back to the beach. Guys next to me using the same bait had the same success for the kings. At one point three of us brought in a king each at the same time!

Ended up fishing most of Friday & Saturday and 3.5 hours Sunday. Caught everything using the squid strips tipped w/ fish-bites combo on store bought kingfish rigs(small hooks). As many kings as you want, VERY small spot, 1 snapper blue, 1 small weakfish, and the usual sandsharks and skates during the very low and slack tides. Yea, trying to fish amoungst the mostly inexperienced anglers, swimmers and kayakers can be a challenge during the day...but early mornings and evenings were fine Even enjoyed a couple beverages in the afternoons w/ no issues as usual(always a good idea to use a koozie and keep cool). High tides were mornings/evenings and kings were more prevalent then.:icon_thumright: Caught them sporadically during the meat of the day.

If you are looking for Summertime table-fare from the suds, try going to Assateague Island/Virginia:happy2::happy2::happy2:

Frank,

THX for the report and man those kings are tasty!

Hey Frank, yeah, you have to watch those bait stealing critters! We had a problem with smaller stripers earlier in the year and couldn't figure out what was taking the clam! Smaller hooks told us.