6 posts in this topic

We have worked out a few bugs in the permit process and we have set the official dates for the 3rd annual asma surf-fishing tournament. The tournament will once again be 6 person teams for 300 dollars per team with a chance to win 2000 dollars. I have invitations that I can send out to you and your teams. Contact me with name and address of your team captain. I will be working with Sam on getting the information on the amsa web site next week. Once up you can print out the applications and send to me before September, but sooner the better. This years events i.e. captains meetings and awards will be held at the amass property off of 611 on eagles nest road. We still are encouraging the teams who do need rooms locally to contact the Francis Scott Key for rooms that weekend. We had used the FSK in the past but after weather considerations we feel that using our own assets already available would make good sense. I can be reached via pm or email and would like to hear form any new teams interested in the event. Ron Humphress tournament chair

I am stil interested in fishing it , if there is a team that has an opening? I have the truck if wheels are needed. If anyone hears of anything let me know.

thanks Chris

this is a 6 person team competition.

here area few rules that we have gotten questions about

1 rod per person ie. 4 man team gets 4 rods and so fourth

2 vehicles per team in the fishing station / we are allowed 75 vehicles for this tournament as per the NPS thats 2 trucks per team with 30 teams max. = 60, and 15 support trucks, judges commitee members.

2 hooks per rod

no cast nets during sesions

no yaks, boats, kites. must use traditional casting methods

catch and release only with the execption of md state citation fish,

a citation fish must be reported to a md check station and proof of citation must be shown to amsa within 48 hours of catch, i in return need to give it to the NPS. all i need is a copy of your yellow copy.

there are other rules posted in the captains information packets that are in the mail as of this morning.

MINIMUM SIZES FOR CITATION

Freshwater

Chesapeake Bay

Atlantic Coast

Species

Citation

Species

Citation

Species

Citation

Bass, Largemouth21 inBass, Largemouth22 inAlbacore (Longfin)36 inBass, Smallmouth21 inBass, Smallmouth20 inAlbacore, False24 inBass, Striped 36 inBass, Striped40 inAmberjack45 inCatfish, Blue40 inBluefish34 inAtlantic Spadefish24 inCatfish, Bullhead15 inCarp30 inBass, Striped40 inCatfish, Channel30 in Catfish, Channel30 inBluefish34 inCarp36 inChain Pickerel24 inCobia44 inChain Pickerel 24 inCobia44 inCroaker18 inCrappie15 inCrappie15 inDolphin45 inMuskellunge & Tiger Muskie40 inCroaker18 inDrum, Black48 inNorthern Pike38 inDrum, Black48 inDrum, Red*any sizePerch, White13 inDrum, Red*any sizeFlounder24 inPerch, Yellow14 inFlounder24 inKing Mackerel40 inRainbow Trout20 inGar36 inMarlin, Blue*any sizeRock Bass10 inPerch, White13 inMarlin, White*any sizeSunfish, Bluegill11 inPerch, Yellow14 inNorthern Whiting (Kingfish)14 inSunfish, Redbreast10 inSheepshead24 inSailfish*any sizeSunfish, Redear11 inSpanish Mackerel22 inSeabass20 inTrout, Brook 15 inSpot12 inShark, Blue*any sizeTrout, Brown21 inSpotted Seatrout24 inShark, Hammerhead*any sizeTrout, Cutthroat 20 inWalleye26 inShark, Mako*any sizeWalleye26 inWeakfish24 inShark, Sand Tiger*any size Shark, Thresher*any size Shark, Tiger*any size Sheepshead20 in Spanish Mackerel22 in Spot12 in Spotted Seatrout24 in Swordfish*any size Tautog24 in Tuna, Bigeye**60 in Tuna, Blackfin**30 in Tuna, Bluefin**60 in Tuna, Yellowfin**50 in Wahoo60 in Weakfish24 in

* Only Released fish are eligible

** Use curved fork length measurements

Correspondence with regards to State Records or tournament questions should be sent via one of the methods listed below.

Mailing address:

Maryland Department of Natural Resources

Fisheries Service

Sport Fishing Tournament

Tawes State Office Building B-2

Annapolis, MD 21401

1-800-688-3467

e-mail: customerservice@dnr.state.md.us

*This page was Last updated: 06/15/2007 15:02:12 *