6 posts in this topic

I got my hands on a yak! My brother has an ocean yak. Here is the plan. I am going to take this yak over to Black Hills and try it in a lake first. Roll around in it a bit and get the feel of it since I have never been in one. Find out exactly how to get in one once I am dumped, that kind of thing. I will be in town from August 9th or so till the 19th! I am looking to try the sharkin thing. But I would like someone experienced with me to help me out if possible. Of course I will have it at the shark fling! Anyone want to do some sharkin during that time let me know!

Nah, no cheating...

You got to do it like the rest of us, first time in a yak with an 8 foot surf break!

Hahahaha!

Before you put it in the water, buy a PFD AND WEAR IT!

Wear it each and every time!

I might pick up a neoprene for a better fit.

Looking forward to paddlin' with ya!

You will be soooo happy to do it and you'll look forward more so to your beach visits.

You'll kick yourself for not doing it earlier.

From what I saw this spring, you don't even need a yak to get out there, Phil! :)

Well.....your nerves may be a little better if you take it out the first time in the daylight, unlike me who buys a yak, gets stuck in traffic then takes it out the first time with a bloody head from a 4#+ bluefish and 1/2 a 14" mackerel. Kinda spooky the first time at night :) But I said what the heck and did it anyhow.....I will tell you though, once the baits are dropped at night the first couple times your heart will slow down and there is absolutely NOTHING more peaceful than sitting out there in the darkness bobbing up and down and listening to the shorebreak 300 yards away :)

I see you still remember that Sam.:help::help::help::help::happy3::happy3::happy3::happy3:

Phil is so tough he swims his baits out...even for stripers.