7 posts in this topic

Hit Dam Neck this morning with the wife and kids, Kibaro decided to tag along as well.

Got set up around 10am and started to put line in the water with a wind from the south around 8mph. Had two lines out and was baiting the third when I saw some activity on top of the water. Put a small piece of bunker on the hook and set her out. As soon as it hit bottom, Bam Bam Bam! Picked up and had a 2# blue on, sonow I know what was making all the activity out there.

Went and got my stingsilver and tossed out to where they were splashing and picked up another blue on the first cast. Cool, more fresh bait which was needed. Casted agian, and had another one, but this time as I went to grab him, hit dropped off, landed in the suds, and escaped as a wave just came in and gave him the water he needed to swim. Oh well!

Wasn't able to pick up anymore, as the pelicans and dolphins started to bomb and swim through the area they were just in.

Fishing was slow the next few hours with no hits (last part of the outgoing tide) , until Kibaro landed a roundhead on his heaver (go figure??).

Saltdawg showed up around 1pm and we all fished till about 4pm before calling it. Kibaro was able to land one more roundhead, a small blue and a perch before we left. Wind had picked up as well to about 12-15mph wiuth gusts a bit more.

Nice day to get out and enjoy a litlle R & R!

man I love throwing metal at a school of breaking blues!!!!! Light tackle heaven right there :)

i got skunked................:icon_thumbdown:

Gonna jump on your thread Dixie, went to damneck Fri 13th didnt see jason but arrived around 7pm, nailed a few blues and landed a nice 4ft sandbar on a bluefish head, nice fight and released. Water real nice e/se wind light, fished till dark and headed to the house.....tight lines geo

definitly gonna try south next time....