3 posts in this topic

Left Owls Creek at 0745 on the DOS MUCHO boat headed for the CLT.... Crew was JWconnolly,Tommy,Dave (cohomojo) and me of course. Out between the bouys and a 90* heading on the comp and we were away....bit of a chop in 2 to 3 footers all the way in a muggy haze. Didnt see the tower until we were 4 miles out.....plenty of boats there already. Of course, 0830 on a friday ? PULLEEZE NELLY.....they were not doing much at all.....the old timers we anchored next to were content setting just watching their bobbers drift back and reel them in to plop em out and start over .....we saw no fish being boated at all. JW & I got naked and rubbed our fat bellys together and danced for the fish Gods and it must have worked because all of a sudden King Neptune arose and there were fish every where-....still no takers for the guys next to us. Our two new friends we brought along,one of wich had never saltwater fished at all. EVER ! If he hooks a spade is he is for a suprise....we got our fins on guns out:::locked and loaded:::......once in the water I could see that the fish were deep. told our HO's to 86 the bobbers and drift em deep, advised the old kodgers next to us to do the same,RELUCTANTLY they removed their bobbers....now the boats on our side at least had a chance....before I could swim to the middle legs of the tower both boats had FISH ON. Perfect ! The new guy has his first ever saltwater fish and a spadefish at that !! Hook and line was still slow and hit N miss for every one but they got 1/2 our limit with the smaller eater size fish we kept...JW and I shot the rest (mostly JW) With 15 fish in the meat box we shot a few more the boat next to us and then 1 last one for our limit and headed in around 1:30 where it was flat calm and you could now see the hotel line from the tower....blasted in without a drop of water spashing over the bow....I have not been this tired in several years,no chit. I was in the water a good 5 hours today,kicking,swimming and diving and feel like I just ran a marathon.......what a great day on the ocean with new friends, left the boat ramp,stopped and put the fish on ice and headed to the Happy Buffett where we stuffed ourselves to the brim. Fat Dumb and HAPPY I headed home to clean my fish......JW wouldnt let us photograph him with no shirt on because he will get prank calls, Tommys photos are on Tommy's camera and Dave had these on his camera as well as some for himself......

clear.gif

jamiespade2-1.jpg

No more Belly to Belly comments J......:confused3::confused1::icon_pai::confused1::confused3:!!!!!

Hope you had a good workout...Nice shot on the spade!:icon_thumright:

Very cool report! Sounds like a blast. :icon_thumright: