3 posts in this topic

We had a no show for sat and went anyway looking for wrecks, Moday we had a full 6 party crew and went to alot of places and found a few here and there, nothing spectacular but the party was happy and said they would be back for an offshore and a Striper trip this winter, it was hot as h#ll but as usual Jamie did a great job, He worked his Azz off on this trip, constantly fixing tangled lines , heres a few, pics, I'll let Jamie tell ya about making bait.

clear.gif

clear.gif

clear.gif

clear.gif

==============================================

Making Bait 101 by Racn35:

TKBMECH-I'll let Jamie tell ya about making bait.

Ok so its 0530 and I get to the LUCKY DOG, for a bay trip with Todd and we are targeting FLOUNDER.....0600 I have several spot in the live well, just pitching 1/4 nite crawlers on a little gold crappie hook with a 1oz, another hour and I got quite a few now. The Captain of this fine vessel shows up with coffee in 1 hand and a danish in the other....standing on the dock still, he says. "How much bait you got already" ? I say a dozen or more spot in the livewell and 3 dozen 8 inch croakers in the cooler from Rudee yesterday. I sat my little crappie pole in the rod holder and it wiggled as I caught yet another fish. Sea Bass....like the 30th one already this morning too...stick a tag in its backside and toss em back. Rod back in the holder to BS again and thump, Todd looks and says thats a big one there .....As soon as I pick up the rod I feel the frantic dance of the little spot....then WHAM. Life ends for the little fish as he is enhailed by something much larger. I eased up on what I knew was a nice fish, and to my suprise I see a dark shadow raise up to the surface....very quietly I said "Todd - Get the net"...yea right...no really man I need the net !! As he stepped over onto the boat he saw my fish....as the net entered the water the fish flopped into the net and the spot swam away with my now limp line.....I had to reel him back in. We have all heard stories of ppl catching a spot then a fat flounder hitting it on the way in....well today it happened to ME too...there ya have it......proof the live spot trick works for nice flatties. As you can see in the pic the fish totally raped my spot-it was 6 inches long and the flounder was 20" on the nose.....I STILL prefer CUTBAIT myself.....old habits die hard.

J,

Nice werk!

Call me in the morning around 0830 I may be heading to Dam Neck!

Nice fish! Thanks Jamie