11 posts in this topic

:happy3: I am a proud owner of a 525MAG. Thank you all for help I was able to find one at AKE Marine. The only suffix tritinium they had was clear, that is ok I can change to gold later.

If you could give some hints how I can cast further.:help:

I was practicing this morning I am very impressed how smooth but my distance was not as far as I could with the spinning.

It feels odd not having to flip the bale back or hold the string.

Thanks again and may you all have a great weekend.

AIDR

I'd say for now spend some time with the reel, distance will come.

Dumb question of many.

When casting do I need to switch it free spool?

Place my thumb on the side of the reel when I cast?

And hope:eusa_pray: /pray I do not wind up with the birds nest you have in your picture Charkbait

Thank you AMSA1166, I will not be Sat. but Sunday I hope to be there all day.

Well, some of my problems were my own doing BUT I am still learning (really do not ask I do not want you laugh your self to death)

AIDR

Dumb question of many.

When casting do I need to switch it free spool?

Place my thumb on the side of the reel when I cast?

And hope:eusa_pray: /pray I do not wind up with the birds nest you have in your picture Charkbait

Um..yes. Place the reel in free-spool when casting. Thumb on either side of the spool that makes you comfortable...just be sure to place your shock-knot on the other side. The mag cast control will help you not blow up, but you may wish to still "thumb the spool" - which will decrease your distance. Casting smoothly decreases the number of blow-ups also.

Also make sure you turn the clicker off when you cast. I made that mistake when I first got my reel. It did help slow it down so I was able to learn quicker.

As the other person said wherever you put your thumb on the reel is fine, just make sure the shocker knot isn't anywhere near there. You will only make that mistake once.

Just got one my self and took it out casting yesterday. This thing casts like a dream. Just put in lots of field or sand practice and distance will come. I found that I dont even need to thumb it until it is touching down.

After you get used to the reel and gain confidence take a look at the attachment. clean the spool bearings and use the right oil and that will HELP get more distance along with refining your casting style

Here are a couple more info sheets for you

5852a51957964_52520Tuning20guide.jpeg.1d

Don't be afraid to take it apart. Its really really easy. Esp the side with the clicker and mag adjuster on it.

The other side can be a tad tricky but you shouldn't need to take it apart. About once a year for a good cleaning is about it.