9 posts in this topic

Hi All ,

Forum Noobie here !

I took my wife and 2 kids out to Cape Henlopen today for some sun, fun and some surf fishing today . We got there and there was plenty of sun but we lost it to rain early afternoon . We were there only a few hours but had 1 nice hit while casting a Bucktail out into the surf whatever it was it was big . I was afraid I was going to run out of line it was going out fast .

I didnt even get to reel much as it just ripped off line after a few minutes the jig popped free so i casted a few more times gave up and also gave up with chunking with bunker packed up and left but beat the rain home :) I even tried Fishbites today with no luck

I hope someone else had better luck today . I'll be headed down there again thursday or friday so I'll keep you posted !

Welcome aboard! Very curious about the bucktail. I was with my dad a few years back when he was casting a big white bucktail in the inlet during the summer and the same thing happened to him, except he lost his line. It would be cool to see what these big aggressive critters are. My guess would be sharks, but I haven't seen many this summer. Another possibility could be foul hooking a ray... Regardless, it's pullage!

Welcome Joe glad you and your family had a good time, sounds like a shark to me too.

I heard there was a good flounder bite in Cape Henlopen. Try and squid and minnow comobs.

I also heard berkley pink shrimp strips have been working wonders for the flounder bite as well.

I heard there was a good flounder bite in Cape Henlopen. Try and squid and minnow comobs.

I also heard berkley pink shrimp strips have been working wonders for the flounder bite as well.

Are they hitting them from the Surf or the Pier also are they using rigs or Bucktails tipped with squid & a minnow ?

Someone I work with told me today that half the pier was closed due to a fire is that true and is it crowded if so ?

I have some time off work so back to Cape Henlopen I went again today . I took the family to Herring Point the kids both chunked some bunker and I tried to get a bait out deep for something big but none of the poles got a hit . I think we had more action from the flies and the crabs :)

I may try the pier tomorrow for a bit for some flounder or whatever will bite :fucyc: I'll let you know what the outcome is !