7 posts in this topic

Well......... Lets see..........

I wasnt in Charge of Anything because I was in NJ for the Day. All I had to do was Show up @ 4am and meet Matey and Andy for the Trip.

I arrived back into DE @ 2am from NJ. WOW that SUCKED! Left in the AM for NJ w/ the wife and kids to see the family. Nicole turned White about 15 minutes into the Ferry Ride once we passed the outer wall and she saw the 6-7' Rollers. Needless to say.... The Ferry ride won't be an option Again.

OK... Instructions were to leave @ 4am. Well....... I left Long Neck @ 4:15 and didnt arrive at D dock until 5-5:15. So....... I was REAL LATE this time.

Headed out to Masseys where the Early bite was and we seemed to miss the Early bite because of ME!

Put the lines in around the 20 line and in about 15 minutes we had 2 knock downs. Not sure what one of them was but the LONG line w/ the green machine and bird had a nice hit w/ a Real nice Splash.

Missed 'em....

Shortly after the Short Rigger goes off w/ the Brittany Special Rig on it and Matey Cranked in a Nice Blue Fin!!!

About an Hour later a small Blue Fin that wanted to commit Suicide jumped back onto the Brittany Special w/ a TRUE RELEASE at the Boat.... a Real Good SHAKE and she was off to swim for another day.

Trolled around for a while - broke free from the fleet - Headed up to the Baltimore and stopped short on the 40 line. LIFE, BAIT and MARKS but, no takers.

Worked our way to the Tip... Same deal.... LIFE, BAIT, MARKS but No Takers.

3:30 we picked it up and headed back to the Barn......

All and All....... WE SUCK! No Skunk Flag but, certainly wasn't a Great Display for a Bloody Deck!

Mateys BF - 40"

NICE HAT.... Might have been the BAD Luck........

ANYWAY......... WE'LL TRY AGAIN NEXT WEEK!

For those wanting to get the Deck Bloody.... NOW is the TIME. They are all inshore now on the 20 line. No need to run out to the Canyon.

We ran out to the Baltimore to find Bigger Fish but, just didnt have enough time to make it back @ a reasonable time. It certainly would have been a GREAT overnight trip w/ FLAT Calm Seas!

Edited by Sam
linked pictures were no longer valid

Nice fish :icon_thumleft: but I am not to sure on the hat.

Nice fish :icon_thumleft: but I am not to sure on the hat.

Look like the water was sweet but I have to agree that hat had to do it LOL :happy3:

Nice fish Ryan. Thanks for the report... I like the hat. :icon_thumleft:

The hat has some meaning behind it..... Like 30 yr anniv....

I wont make it to 30 fellas!

Thanx Guys!

We honestly went too Deep in the middle of the day. We should have worked the 20 line over to the dump site, trunk, etc...

So, word to the WISE... Stay inshore. No need (IMO) to run now. They are here.