11 posts in this topic

Does anybody know for sure how much of the OSV zone is closed off due to nesting activity? Called the visitors center and they were not sure and the person who knew for sure was busy.

Thanks,

The Greenhorn

Gee, was it something I said? Is this something that we're not supposed to discuss?

Hope I didn't screw up on my very first post!! :help:

Anyhow... I'll be camping in the National Seashore campground and fishing from July 9th till the 20th. First time surf fishing and I'd like to thank you all for the wisdom and knowledge I have gained from the search feature of this site.

So if you see a blue crewcab F250 with WV tags and somebody that looks like he hasn't a clue as to what he's doing... feel free so stop by and lend some advice!!

Thanks again,

The Greenhorn!!

For what it's worth here's what I got Tuesday when pulling up to the booth to buy a new card and seeing a 'restricted access' sign posted......

Me:

Is the bull pen open?

Him:

For now

Me:

Expecting it to close this week?

Him:

Probably

Me:

Expecting high tides?

Him:

No

Me:

So....you think you'll be chasing people out?

Him:

Probably not

Me:

Turns out it's a section near the very end of MD that's closed....but I found that out from someone else fishing...not the guy in the booth....

So here's my best answer for you :dontknow::dontknow::dontknow::dontknow:

Yeah, you'll find a knucklehead there once in a while. Funny...:)

Gee, was it something I said? Is this something that we're not supposed to discuss?

Hope I didn't screw up on my very first post!! :help:

Anyhow... I'll be camping in the National Seashore campground and fishing from July 9th till the 20th. First time surf fishing and I'd like to thank you all for the wisdom and knowledge I have gained from the search feature of this site.

So if you see a blue crewcab F250 with WV tags and somebody that looks like he hasn't a clue as to what he's doing... feel free so stop by and lend some advice!!

Thanks again,

The Greenhorn!!

LOL... Nah, you didn't offend anyone. They were just out fishing!

I believe the OSV is closed near the VA line a few hundred yards. You can call the national seashore to confirm @ 410-641-3030 :icon_thumleft:

all the way to 34...about a mile from the fence. I like the new AI guy!

It was lonely down there...perfect.

Those ponies stomp more plovers then 4x4's anyway.

LOL... Nah, you didn't offend anyone. They were just out fishing!

LOL Welcome to the site Greenhorn.

Thanks guys, I feel a lot better now.... :icon_thumright:

Can't wait to hit the beach tomorrow. :icon_rabbit: Like I said before, look for the guy who looks clueless and stop by and say "HI"

The Greenhorn

Like I said before, look for the guy who looks clueless and stop by and say "HI"The Greenhorn

Guess I'll be doing a lot of stopping... :grommit:

Anyone hear of any further closures yet?

just FYi for some of the new people here.

Remember that Assateague spans two state, MD and Va. Each one of t he states has its own completely different set of rules and there are a lot of differences between them.

in Va they pretty much close the OSV access for long periods of time because of the plovers. In Md they only close certain sections for short periods of time.

So make sure you know which state people are talking about when worrying about closures. 95% of the people on this board are talking about the MD side of assateague. However when talking to people outside this board please verify where they are talking about.