11 posts in this topic

Where are all the sharks, and for that matter bait fish such as croaker, kings etc, I have been going out faithfully for the past month and have only seen two or three skate and a large cow nose, What the heck is going on? Could it be all the storms we have had over the past couple months, and if so How could it affect the fishing for so long? This thread is for all theories, ideas, or facts. All replies are welcome. I will be checking in as much as possible, but I am due to go to Pittsburgh on Monday, I will be there a week then leaving for Kill devil Hills the following Saturday. So I apologize if I do not respond quickly.

I am kinda dissapointed about the kings, I really wanted to catch a few this summer. I have had fishbites and small hooks in the breakers constantly every time I been fishing this summer.

I even had my gf dragging hi lo rigs across the bottom for a couple hours last time out.

Was there a chemical spill or something that we weren't told about??? Very weird....my guess is just weather, water currents, temp etc...

keep em coming, I have a feeling (heard theories) that all the storms and ocean city beach grooming has caused a shift in sand that has accumulated more sand on the outer sand bar at AI therefore making the bar taller and harder for Fish to get around. I do not know how much of this is true but seemed to make a little sense. I still believe it has a lot to do with the weird seasons we have had this past year. Lack of a real winter till the last couple of weeks of it then straight to summer, now it is acting like spring. I think just the sudden change in water temp so drastically this year has thrown the fish all out of wack.

i was just hinkin about this the other day.when i started fishing here about five years ago you would get tired of catching fish.even lasy year ive noticed all i was catching rays and skate.and this year been there a bunch and nothing.:dontknow:

waiting for me!:icon_thumright:

.........and me, atleast till my vacation starts in 27 days:icon_thumright:

although there is plenty of action offshore:evil6:

Sat. looks like a good day 2' waves to slip down the beach in the mako and see if the critters are just a bit farhter off the beach just out of surf casting/ yak range.

Sat. looks like a good day 2' waves to slip down the beach in the mako and see if the critters are just a bit farhter off the beach just out of surf casting/ yak range.

Good Luck:icon_thumright: now, will you troll for them or chunk:dontknow:

I don't buy the bar idea, it didn't matter for those big stripers this spring, shouldn't matter for king fish. The OC beach was done last fall.

The bar changes and then changes back and then again, all depends on sustained wind direction, offshore swell, etc. We've a good bit of west this summer from what I remember to this point, it causes water turnover bringing colder water in close to shore. That has a lot to do with it.

With the good blow the last fews days I'm sure some holes have opened up...the may shut quick with the W forecasted.

A good sustained SE should set it off. I wouldn't worry too much about any of it. Now if it were late August then we can talk again.

Just throwin out some ideas. Hopefully I will do well down in N.C.