10 posts in this topic

Well - one discussion led to another at the 4th of July picnics...and next thing I knew I'm headed to Disney again for the 2nd year in a row....Sept 28-Oct 8th.....And....of course just like last year, you can bet I'm gonna try to fit some fishing in....

Not sure If I can score a deal on a charter like last time...so maybe that's still a possibility for some snook & redfish. Outside of that, I'll be looking to beat my Personal Best LMB with some florida strain....

Details to follow as plans take shape...

Oh no, prime time AI BIG drum fishing!

Oh no, prime time Assateague Island BIG drum fishing!

lol yeah - thought about that - but won't they be around earlier too? (Hoping for an early run this year....)

I thought the whole month of september is the season and October its dead (in between Drum and Stripers).

Ahhh who am I kidding - its dead whenever I show up :icon_pale:

sept 10 - just before you arrive they will be running hard...then again the 28th til when you get back.:dontknow:

Plan to spend some time between the 15th and when you leave. I'm averaging about 40 hours per 40"+ drum, some say 100 hours is good...gotta put the time in, with good conditions of course!

Fish hard for 3 days and your odds increase greatly IMO, otherwise your just casting a prayer out there. I really hope you get one.

Yep - that's basically my assumnption too Ben - lots of time = 1 fish, but oh what a fish! :)

Let me know if you'll be down during that time (15th-28th) I've got gigs every weekend in september :icon_pale:, so but i'll be trying to work around them for beach time.

...Actually have a gig on 9/15 in Elkton, MD so I'm considering a drive right from the gig to AI and stay through monday....if I can find a way to get my butt to the VA line...

I'll be out on the weekends searching for Drum! I can't wait to hook into one of those!!!!

Hopefully i'll have a good birthday present this year.

Man, we'll miss you out there...it seems that the past few times I've been to AI you've been there too steve.....I'll be out on AI 9/28-30 for my birthday with the family trying to tear into some big drum....

Let me know if you'll be down during that time (15th-28th) I've got gigs every weekend in september :icon_pale:, so but i'll be trying to work around them for beach time.

:binkybaby: due Aug 22nd:blob1:...no AI drummin this season :icon_thumbdown:

Oh yeah Ben- there is the :binkybaby:. Hmmmm My youngest just got potty trained - trade ya some diapers for the sequoia?? :evil6:

I may be in for that come September

May not have the Sequoia by then...big big truck :eusa_drool: :D.

I figure I need to have a vehicle rotation every 3 years, buy it used run it on the beach etc, sell it before the corrosion becomes too obvious and I can still get my $ out of it.