8 posts in this topic

Just got on this site this morning (thanks sam). The flounder behind Assateaque at the airport was good for the flounder pounder on the mid-ebb tide. I know lots of guys are using minnows but my keeper

(tied for first in the tourney) came on a big double bucktail rivet skirt flounder rig (my own creation) and a big squid strip on a 7/0 eagle claw laser sharp circle.(I'm making more of these with 5/0 and smaller hooks) The throw backs are many but the big fish big bait shot worked on 6/30! i'l be out again on 7/5 and maybe a nightime inlet shot. Don't leave the dock without squid!

Good job on the flatty and congrats for the tie. Do you have any pictures of these rig creations? If not, I understand. :evil6:

Welcome to the site. :icon_thumleft:

I'll get some pic of the rigs when i tie some new ones. Probably today.Got a pic of the one I used last weekend here it is. Nothing fancy drilled out the glow beads so they wold not stick on the end of the rivets. Plan on making several versions with different hook sizes, spinner blade combos, egg sinkers ........ you get the picture R&D!

100_1445.jpg.24db08deea5dc1498a74e3358ae

Good deal! Thanks. that is a big ole' hook!

Thanks for the report.

Do you use the big, thick tube squid or the other ones? Cut in strips, I assume.

Thanks.

Sherry- Jo's cut down with a pork rind style split. As for the hook most flounder rigs use a wide gap hook and these looked comperable and presented well when the bucktail was slid down so I went with it! Not to mention that I promised my wife I would use up all the stuff on my bench before I bought any more! So many anglers are afraid to try something a little different and just do what everyone else is doing, that includes us charter capts. As far as sharing what works this is not top secret rocket science! Somebody elese has probably tried this it just happened to work for me! If I get it and variations of it to work consistently then I've got something and I'll let you know.

nice rig:happy2: do I sea a market for these.......Hmmmmmm,:icon_scratch:...........Jeff...Jeffrey:evil6:

Don't leave the dock without squid!

I never do.

Nice job on the flattie. That's an interesting rig, I'll have to try it.