3 posts in this topic

Well, decided to hit the water with the Ciara, the kids and dogs yesterday. The original plan was to haul out the Jon Boat and a canoe. We figured the Ciara and I could take the dogs in the jon boat with the kids behind us in the canoe. Got to mom and dad's to realize that dad had hit the wiring harness on the trailer with the weed eater so repairs started. once everything was wired up I plugged it in and STILL no lights....so we scrapped that plan and just loaded up the minimums strapped a canoe to the roof and off we went with plans of renting one of the park's row boats....yeah, that didn't go over too well...max of 3 people on a boat and no pets....So we found a nice little beach area around the corner and set up there. The kids paddled around the lake by themselves. Ali has a issue with trying to always find something alive when we're out in nature...well, what did she managed to find yesterday but a worm. I rigged up a bottom right and threw it on the hook. Well, that managed a nice 2lb channel catfish. With one fish on the stringer, I sent the girls back up to the rental place to buy up some nightcrawlers. We managed 2 more nice 1-2lb catfish and a bunch of missed fish. It was a great day, here are some pictures to enjoy.

5852a5104ab4d_girlsincanoe.jpg.c3d046592

5852a510504b5_Alifirstcatfish.jpg.9e476a

5852a51054b16_AlifightingCatfish.jpg.e51

5852a510590a2_GirlswithCatfish.jpg.96eaf

Nice job, girls! I can remember doing that when I was just a kid. One of my best memories was going cat fishin. :icon_thumleft:

Hey there, I just started fishing Burke Lake about two months ago. Since then I have been catching 2-5 lb. bass on Baby Bass or Tenessee Shad crankbait around 10-13 ft.. I have caught 6 bass in the last 4 outings. The are picky and have usually hit right when I am about to give up. When I figure out how to post pics I will do so.

Benny