9 posts in this topic

Well.... The same crew headed out for the Poormans on Sat. to throw some more Tuna into the box but, we decided to stop short due to the seas and weather at the Bone and worked our way out to the Dog.

It was getting a little snotty and raining like a Son of a Gun on the AM out there.

We managed to pick up 3 Gaffer Mahi!

6.8#

9.4#

10.3#

Great time out on the water!

Not sure if everyone wants to hear about

*my ride down - Getting Yelled @ my a Cop for making an Illegal LEFT turn on 896

* Deciding to leave for the Poormans @ 10pm but, never made it because we were @ Grand Slam

* Stopping Short on the way home for a Sea Bass

* Wrapping my Sea Bass rig around the prop... Nice Job by ME!!! LOL!

* Forgetting to pay for the Fuel @ the fuel dock!

* Double Paying for the fish cleaning

And.... Being Late for my Anniversary dinner......... Not getting a Card or Present..... OOOOPS!

I made it up to her..... I made her a REAL NICE ring out of Bally Hoo wire! 7 years = Copper! Good thinking Ry!

Edited by Sam
linked pictures were no longer valid

:eusa_shifty:

Not paying at the fuel dock, double paying for fish cleaning - least that's better than the other way around!

Looks like you made the best of the weather!

guess anything is a gaffer when you well...gaff it.

j/k, nice trip!

LOL at the entire post!

it must have been the day for bad luck...went out sunday started off all was good started trolling just before the poormans weather was not to bad. as we got closer to poormans it got real squirly. we desided to move to the 30 fathom line when the engine overheated...lifted the engine cover and the thermostat hosing blew off the block stripped the bolts and everything.....we had no antifreeze a little water and alot of gatorade......never knew gatorade would work for antifreeze but thats what we did. about every 2 miles it would come back off and by the time we got it fixed we drifted back out 3 miles it was ugly......eventually we ran out of gatorade so we started pumping it out of the bilge into jugs......finally got it right and the last 40 mile went without a hitch....the ride back was a total of 7 hrs and no fish......ugh

WOW, sounds like a rough day for you guys:dontknow:we stayed inshore and shopped, ate and made some business calls:evil6:

Understand BC was a parking lot anyway, WC had the warm and cold 10 degree drop lines and was productive.

You could also have used urine after the gatotade ran out. It doesn't leave all the products behind as gatorade will.

urine would have been good but we had nothing to drink after putting it all in the radiator.......oh well at least we made it back on our own power...i forgot to mention my radio would recieve but not transmit at one point we tried to get sea tow.....hmmmmm:help:

Wow, sounds like a crazy trip. Glad you got back ok.