6 posts in this topic

Hit same spot again this afternoon with my wife and kids and Kibaro as well.

Caught a few small croaker and spot on BW and even a 3" Sea Bass! Never the less it made the kids happy.

Also pulled in about 6 flounder which were tagged and released and let the kids reel them in.

Cownose rays were running through later in the evening, so I decided to have a bit of fun with one of them. Took my trout rod, 8# test (no shock) with a jig and tried to catch one, but ended up snagging one in the wing. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ, there he goes.

He had almost spooled me when he slowed down. With some finesse, I was able to slowly work him back in and about 15 minutes later we were trying to net him when the line snapped. I left the drag to tight up close and he flipped over and made a surge. Just goes to show you can land a big fish with light line if you just take care of him.

Anyway, we did see a few pups caught that were right under 18"! Helped remove the hooks from the pups and let them know the regs as the were debating on keeping them. Well they didn't listen and in the box they went!:angry7::angry7:

Nice night, but overall slow! Flounder bite at that hole as really slowed over the past few weeks.

took the family out to the hole as welll. passed you as you were leaving. same results except we had 4 clickers go off at the same time! panic ! all to come up empty........:dontknow:.

then the laws came and instructed us again after all the kids had calmed down to pack our chit and go to the other side the rock jetty. the spot we always fish is restricted! this has happened twice now while my kids were out there and chilled out. shame there arent any signs.

then the laws came and instructed us again after all the kids had calmed down to pack our chit and go to the other side the rock jetty. the spot we always fish is restricted!

Does that just happen at night by chance? I wonder if the daytime is "OK" cause they can see us for the most part?:confused:

I thought I saw your friend Matt? and his family pull up right before I left, but was unsure.

I guess we need to start searching for another hole there!

they done us that twice now. its one of the easiest places to take my kids and let them play you know. dont know anywhere else with that easy of a terrain.

It's crazy how people can get so greedy when it comes to releasing an undersized fish. We've all caught fish that were about a half inch too short and thought, "Hmmmm". But, it's always best to let em go. Especially if the man finds your cooler.

I hate to see anyone keep a short...I have the Fishcops on speed dial...A big cownose on #8...sounds like fun for a minute...lol...almost got him tho...good job...