11 posts in this topic

finally got it in tonight...I think I'm in love...

I got the handle built but I'm stuck without guides until next week, hope they come early, I'm supposed to fish Saturday. I may be out there with them taped on.

I swear, if my TICA had decent guides I would tear it down and transfer them just so I could cast on Sunday.

I'll post pics tomorrow, its on the dryer now.

Hope the pics show up better this, seems they usually suck.

Simple yet effective. I'm going to continue the wrap in the blue and gold scheme, I put the decal on a blue section because I've done it before at it really "pops" when its on blue for some reason. Now a striper decal on black or graphite does the same thing.

I also started using shrink on the top of the seat where the threads are, much cleaner look.

DSCF0116.jpg.6b336890818ae7dde68b45050d1

DSCF0117.jpg.3fe3db2ac0ab1c82f54871f7d85

DSCF0119.jpg.d2882652cb5e8181f200f4706fd

Nice Ben - looking good -that should be a monster of a rod from everything I've heard. Give us the full report once you cast it.

( btw - any other blanks arrive other than the AFAW? :icon_tongue:)

sorry to say no more blanks...They were supposed to ship the order sans blanks so I could finish up some other stuff and I've got nothin'! I can't tell you how pissed I am. Its gonna be a wild week of building next week and the following. I may be finishing your rod at the condo for all I know!

As it stands now we're still good for the 13th though. It may be a virgin when you get it though.

as far as the rod being a monster, one can only hope so! I want 8-10+head WAY out there. This is also the tournament equalizer rod for when the 10's and 12's don't hold and everyone goes home or has to lob...I can still bang em out there (in theory). AFAW Big Beach is next unless this is an enjoyable and long throwing rod with 8nbait.

Be sure to give us a rpt on that blank once you finish it! Hear a bunch of good things about it!

Nice work there!

wrapped and finished last night...let it rest today and then to the launch pad tomorrow morning for some fireworks. I'll post the report then. She sure is pretty though. A little more rod bling then I usually do for myself but at $300 for the blank I felt it deserved a properly gaudy wrap.

I mean - we see the handle and decal - what about the guides - we want the full bling experience today, and the report tomorrow :)

pics from the dryer never come out, I'll post some tonight for ya's. Blue on blue under and overwraps with the gold prism thread filling all the space between the guide feet...not too bad on the 16's, in between the feet on the 30 and 25 looks like MR. T.

If any of that makes sense...