25 posts in this topic

Well, the Jeep is down and out for a while. All four rotors, brake pads, brake lines and exhaust system needs replacing. Uhg.:BangHead:

OUCH !!

i can feel your pain ...

just had the air fixed in deb's tacoma ....$386 :BangHead:

Be sure to hose down the underside next time off the beach.

It's amazing how much damage salt can do....

Well, the Jeep is down and out for a while. All four rotors, brake pads, brake lines and exhaust system needs replacing. Uhg.:BangHead:

There's always the walkover!

Seriously I would fish the inlet or OC bridge (still waiting for someone to show me the ropes there)

Be sure to hose down the underside next time off the beach.

After every trip for at least 15 minutes.

After reading this I am going to wally world and getting my lawn sprinkler to use.

I been just rinsing as much as I could with my power washer under my jeep after a beach outing. I am going to start doing both now.

I could hear you coming this spring...grinding away.

You can hitch a ride with me anytime. I'll send a PM.

Sam, you know when I'll be out there!!!! I'll be more than happy to grab you and your gear if its not fixed by then and you need a beach break :) On the other hand....Breaks and rotors I can do....exhaust system...if you buy it stock and it bolts up...I can do that too (no charge of course) but anything fancy that requires welding or cutting.....welll.....thats a different story... :) let me know what you need help with and I'll do what I can....I know you have friends with hookups, I have the same...maybe I can get you some parts a little cheaper

Sam, need a hand give me a call, anyway I would gladly give ya a lift, if ya need it.

Sam, we are down all week, you are welcome to join me for some bay fishing anytime. Also I posted that I would love to join someone for some beach shark fishing,I would be more than happy to pick up you and your kayak for the chance to land a shark from the beach.:happy3: We are heading south sometime Sat. and will not have access to a puter but will have my cell phone.:hello:

Aw man, forget about all that mess and go fishing.

Just take Carrie's vehicle. :D

Thanks for all the offers, and PM's guys. It is nice knowing I can get just out there! I talked to the mechanic and he said it should be done by Monday, so I think I'll manage. Thanks again. :icon_salut:

Sorry to hear about that Sam! I know how you feel... my primary vehicle is out with a bad transmission and its going to cost me about 600-800 dollars to get fixed! Hopefully you can get back on the sand soon!

Well, I found out what the whining noise was. The alternator was crapping out on me. Picked up a new one today and had it installed. I'm about up to $1,000 so far... I figure that would be about 3 new car payments, so it's not so bad. I should have it back by Thursday. Can't wait to get back on the beach! :BangHead:

Well, I found out what the whining noise was. The alternator was crapping out on me. Picked up a new one today and had it installed. I'm about up to $1,000 so far... I figure that would be about 3 new car payments, so it's not so bad. I should have it back by Thursday. Can't wait to get back on the beach! :BangHead:

sorry to hear about all the trouble recently, trust me I know the feeling there. anyway hope it all works out for ya.

Sam, how much of the repairs do you think were salt/sand related?

Sam, how much of the repairs do you think were salt/sand related?

According to the mechanic, "Son, do you just run up and down in the salt water or something?".

So, I assume it's from the beach. 150 days a year out there can take it's toll. :confused3:

you need a dune buggy with some rocket launchers on the roll cage!

Well, the jeep is finished. I finally got rid of that WHINING noise!!!! My apologies to all those who I have fished with over the years. I have had unanswered questions as to what the problem was and many, "man, you should really get that looked at".

Well, it wasn't the alternator, but a crazy little gear or belt or some crazy, rusty piece of metal that I have no idea what it was. Anyway, the annoying noise is gone and I'll let you all know what the problem was when I get the 14 page bill.

Can't wait to hit the sand again, folks. I'm dying here.:help: At leas the wind isn't perfect for sharking.

but it will be on Sat and Sun...I'll be down south with a truck of newbs and a lot of beer, sharkin is so much more fun! Sat 5-5 and Sun 5-Noon. The greenheads should eat well, by the end of the day they'll get drunk off us though. Maybe that's why they like people so much, most of the time on the beach they've been drinking and the flies catch a nice buzz after getting a chunk of fisherman.

So, since this is my thread, is this an invite? I should be good to go with the jeep until the wheels and the stearing wheel fall off. :icon_thumright:

sorry you are not invited to my private beach this weekend...of course, I'll let you try out the new stick too.

If you come out beware though, it could get rough with the rooks. Those 5's were in the am unfortunately, no night fishing for me this trip unless I sneak out in OC late and cast some.

We have to redeem ourselves after that last mess, although its killing me holding in a comment about taking you out through the breakers to drop your bait...better left unsaid.

We have to redeem ourselves after that last mess, although its killing me holding in a comment about taking you out through the breakers to drop your bait...better left unsaid.

Let's say we put this one to bed, huh? :icon_thumright: LOL

If the forecast continues to be S -SE on Sunday and maybe even Saturday afternoon I may have to do some drum fishin...someone is going to catch one this summer, may as well be me!