20 posts in this topic

Still quiet on the beachfront with a few reports of smaller size sandbars and sandtigers. There seems to be a lack of the smaller variety of fish. There have been some reports of some flounder and snapper blues in the back bays.

Feel free to post your reports here, fish or no fish.

Fished last night with Steve and finally caught a fish with scales, a couple spot. Just at sunset, things broke loose. Yaked out baits, as soon as I came big stick went a screaming,,,and then nothing. Reeled in and found about 10 feet of my main line of mono was shredded but not broken. After cutting bad section out and yaked again, as soon as I came in, another screamer that lasted longer and then nothing:angry4:. Reeled it in and yaked again, when I came in, Steve was hooked up...he had a nice cow nose ray...all in all, an hour of excitement and finally a fish with scales made me a little more optimistic this coming month. I did manage one small size sandbar.

weird coop, gotta hate that! Good news though!

That IS good news - things are starting to rev up!

Now we're talking! Glad to see you guys made it out there and caught some fish!

I have a feeling things are going to break loose REEEEL soon!

Thanks for the update, Scott.

Steve, sorry I couldn't make it out. Didn't get back in town until 10:30 and then realized that I had to take my jeep into the shop for the early morning appointment. Next time, Buddy!

Now we're talking! Glad to see you guys made it out there and caught some fish!

I have a feeling things are going to break loose REEEEL soon!

Thanks for the update, Scott.

Steve, sorry I couldn't make it out. Didn't get back in town until 10:30 and then realized that I had to take my jeep into the shop for the early morning appointment. Next time, Buddy!

Sam, going out in a little bit, if your interested drop me a call.

fished from around 10:00am till 6:30Pm today. I came to the conclusion that someone caught all the fish already. There was NOTHING in the water other than grass and salt. I didn't even get a skate today. I guess there was some life, I did see some dolphins swim by the sand bar.

It was a nice day out today, slight wind out of the east. Fished hard all day for small fish like kings and spot with fishbites and squid. Threw out some HUGE chunks of bunker, some heads. So back to the drawing board to try again next weekend.

yaked out some bait got 1 shark 3 foot or so. Go figure first time I forgot camera. Last monday had 2 good runs but missed the hook up. :dontknow:

So back to the drawing board to try again next weekend.

:icon_pray: Jim - your determination is inspiring - you're out almost every weekend fishing hard.....i know one of these weekends your persistence is going to pay off big time! :icon_thumright:

Where are all the reports! come on everyone share the wealth!

Where are all the reports! come on everyone share the wealth!

Well for fishing I have not had the time so no report, as for beer sales very good. Keep up the work guys I'll be hitting the beach soon.

You're not getting out on thursdays anymore? Was hoping to be able to catch up with you next thur when I show up.

You're not getting out on thursdays anymore? Was hoping to be able to catch up with you next thur when I show up.

Let me know I will work it out. :icon_thumright::icon_thumright::icon_thumright:

This was the last time I was at the beach:icon_pale:

5852a5109d950_colddayonthebeach.jpg.cafb

Rough water! Looks good for striper fishing. At least you had a grill ready for some grub!.

Tom, when you want to hit the beach with me sometime, I'd like to hang out with you again. Or, if you have an extra seat in your awesome fishing boat, give me a a call.

Later, Bud!

tough luck... I like how the rod is going straight down the beach though. That's a reality AI shot, not the ones of the fish that get posted.

Was Trowpa fishing with you that day?

Was Trowpa fishing with you that day?

I knew that was coming - you're getting predictable Jim :disgust:

I knew that was coming - you're getting predictable Jim :disgust:

I been good for awhile, its just when I saw that pic you where the first thought in my head. :bootyshake:

Yea man the next time we come down I'll let ya know.....as far as the S.S. Minnow is concerned it's not the most beautiful boat on the bay but it works.......usually:icon_pirat: If ya don't mind traveling to Grasonville your more than welcome:icon_wink: