7 posts in this topic

Guys, if anyone can point me in the direction of an honest and talented mechanic or a particular repair facility that has treated them honestly and done good work for them, I'd appreciate hearing about it. I'm in Bishopville close to Fenwick, so I can reach Ocean City, Fenwick, Berlin, up to Millsboro, etc. pretty easily.

With any luck, I'll soon have a Wrangler I'll need to run thru Maryland Inspection, not to mention that it's good to know of a reliable facility, anyway.

Thanks for any leads.

Grants Serves station in Salisbury they are on Rt 50. that is were I take my truck and my wife's car good people and honest.

Yes, Grant's is the place to go, for routine maintenance and repairs.

It used to be Grant's Texaco but I think it is a Shell station now. It is located on Rt 50 and Truitt Streets in Salisbury next door to the Mexican restaurant, and by Subside Deli.

I have been going there for many years, and have always found them to be honest, courteous, and stand behind their work, not that I have ever had a single problem with anything they've done.

They don't do "unusual" or "non-standard" repairs or installation, and they don't do more than general repairs or maintenance on exotic cars. But, what I like about them is they will tell me right up front if they don't feel comfortable working on my car's problem, and I respect and appreciate that 100%. I can't stand for a shop to take the job no matter what, and give the mechanic a hammer and an hour, to try to do a job he may not be trained for or comfortable with.

I am extremely fussy about who I take my cars to, but I can give them an unqualified recommendation.

i recently changed a feul pump and filter on a jeep the grants said they did.it was the origonal one.if you have them do something be cautious and make sure its done.

i recently changed a feul pump and filter on a jeep the grants said they did.it was the origonal one.if you have them do something be cautious and make sure its done.

How did you know it was the original one?

because it still had dirty filters on it and the gas tank was never droped.

because it still had dirty filters on it and the gas tank was never droped.

I hope you said something to the management there, because I know they would want to know, and would definitely address it. Some cars do not require the gas tank to be dropped, to change it, but if yours does, they should know that.

I am most impressed by the way a business (any business) handles matters when things do go wrong, as a measure of their integrity and commitment to doing good business.