ocsnapper

Geno's Steaks sign

8 posts in this topic

This quote makes me wonder if you can not speak English how are you going to upset anyone that can't read English. These wackos need to get a life and stay out of ours.

"The complaint will say that the sign discourages patronage by non-English speakers because of their national origin and/or ancestry," Lawton, whose agency enforces the city's anti-discrimination laws, said before the official filing."

I'm getting a dead link.. But I think I get the gist of what you are saying. Good point.

I saw this on the TV news a few months back and I agree wth the guy at Genos:)

goes wth "No shirt, No shoes = No service" so add to it "No habla english, No cheesesteak sub for you":booty:

plain and simple, this is America, speak American:director:

I saw this on the TV news a few months back and I agree wth the guy at Genos:)

goes wth "No shirt, No shoes = No service" so add to it "No habla english, No cheesesteak sub for you":booty:

plain and simple, this is America, speak American:director:

LOL.. Spoken by a TRUE American in American style! :icon_thumright:

Really just his loss as far as money goes. there will be some kind of sympathy law made to non english ordering folks :icon_pai:

I see this as a true born & raised American seeing the country go out of it's way to appease those that do not contribute as much as Joey would like to see. It is very true that there are those that are here taking advantage of the system and not paying taxes. Sure, some are paying. Sure, the greater majority perform tasks for minimum wages that a Naturalized Citizen wouldn't perform.

The majority of them are good, hard working folks, simply trying to give their family something better than what they had on the other side of the border. I do not blame them at all. Yeah, sure, we have the "groups" that do nothing but cause trouble when they cross the border, but we also have the "Red-Blooded American" that chooses a life of crime.

I agree, learn the language. If I were to move to China I wouldn't expect them to change their ways for my people. Many countries already speak English, simply because they want to do business with this country.

In a per capita perspective, those that hail from the warmer climates should attend one of the thousands of US taxpayer funded English classes.

No, we should not have a Spanish version of our National Anthem nor should we be required to post bilingual signs. They already have the driver's license test in Spanish, but road signs are in English!

In a nutshell, if you want to live in ANY country, learn the language, pronto!

How else are you to be able to read the road sign that says "Danger - Bridge Out".

"No habla english, No cheesesteak sub for you":booty:

Duly sigged.

:icon_thumleft:

Next time we go to Philly, I want to go to Geno's, order a cheesesteak in English, and thank him personally for having the cojones to make a statement and stand behind it. I despise political correctness and catering to whatever potential voting group the politicians are sucking up to now.

I would not dream of moving to another country and not learning their language. In fact, before I moved there, I would do my best to be as proficient as possible, and know their social customs...not go there expecting others to cater to mine.

Here's my big issue......HOUSING!!!!! When I bought this house, parking was never an issue. I live in a court where there aren't enough parking spaces for all the houses to have two vehicles. Well, NEVER did I have to park on the street when I had someone in my assigned spot. Well, in the 6 years I've owned this house, people have moved in housing 2-5 families per house. Now each one of those houses has 2-5 cars and typically a couple work vans. Now, I'm afraid to move my truck out of its spot after 5pm for fear of not getting a space when I get home...and god forbid I have to park on the street, Thats filled up too!!!!!!! I have to park easy 1/3 mile from my front door just to find a spot...oh and that street...well its littered with glass from broken windows...Ok, thats just my rant on this topic.....Oh and did you ever see Press 1 for english and 2 for German, Japaneses, Vietnamese, Korean, etc when those nationalities immigrated here in large groups? Nope, they had to learn english in order to survive.....