11 posts in this topic

Left Rudee around 0800 cause Andy had to work the rescue squad last nite....I figure the tower is packed already so lets troll for a Spanish Mac a couple hours to let the tower thin out.....we drop lines in just past the VB pier and head to Cape henry.....out around the Ramada the first nipper hit and it belongs to a 10 year old....she releses the fish after a quick measure of 13 1/2.....roll on another mile or so and Andy's turn....a 17 inch keeper......this boring the chics say so we head to santore-no fish, zNCDz-no fish, one last stop to try to stay away from the crowd....nada...so CLT here we come......arrived after NOON, 12 o clock I say !! anchored on the outside looking in, all boats all sides close in were catching fish....2 hours of being nice and staying out of the way, doing back flips of the transome, hanging in the water, flippers- just goofing off .......no more back seat for us....we are going in for meat and thats that....none of these 3 riders have caught spades like this on light tackle.....i go around this boat, between these too and proceeded to tie up, drift back and fish on....45 minutes later we have a dozen fish caught, tagged 2 and its 3 pm....Andy has class at 6 for some fire truck training so we pack it in and haed back.....1/2 mile outside Rudee the lower unit craps out....a awesome young kid that works for one of the jet ski rental places tows us to the ramp...got his number so I can thank him properly tomorro .....those in the know I have talked to this evening concure a gimbal bearing has to be the culprit.....motor seems fine,oil fine.starts ok.....bump in FWD nothing but a rattle sound, hit reverse and it kills the motor its so bound up....if this problem sounds familair....pleast feel free post comments or trouble shooting ideas and I of course will be looking for a Alpha merc cruiser lower unit mechanic...I think the best one I know of is at the firestaion on base.... Mr Gigolot~ call me when you get off duty tomorro - heres a few of the 3 dozen pics we took today......

tower19june001-1.jpg

tower19june002-1.jpg

tower19june006-1.jpg

tower19june007-1.jpg

tower19june012-1.jpg

tower19june014-1.jpg

tower19june015-1.jpg

Sorry bout your motor J!

Glad you were able too put them on some feesh though!

its man made- its mechanical- it will break

it will be repaired or replaced very SOON you can bet......no biggie

Great job on the spades! Thanks for the pictures, gotta love seeing kids catch. Hope your back on the water soon.

Hey its mechanical.....it WILL break sooner or later.......the gimbal mount just wore out

boatrepair001-1.jpg

...good call Mr Gigolot....thanx for the help.....

lower unit is fine

boatrepair002-1.jpg

the motor is fine

MotorHAPPYJACK-1.jpg

contacts made- parts on order- could be ready for the weeknd but why rush and over look something......good thing i kept the engine hoist when i sold the racecar huh-

boatrepair005-1.jpg

Nice report. what does the power steering pump provide power for on that engine? :dontknow:

for the power steering of course !!

for the power steering of course !!

:eusa_doh: :happy7:

Nice:icon_thumright:

I still have mine but its a drag car and its in Norfolk at a friends shop getting refitted for someday:dontknow:

I dont miss racing, as long as the fishing stays good:evil6:

heres mine

5852a50f49422_Picture108.jpg.3a0919c7fc4