31 posts in this topic

Well hit Assateague Island today, not much going on, again, I had one good run early on but snapped my line, figure it was a shark and it bit through my line(of course it hit the pole not set up for shark). Then around sunset I noticed a slight dip in my pole (shark pole) just as I got to it, it doubled over and the reel started let out line, set the hook and the fight was on, had me running up the beach then back down, got it just into the surf then I watched him swim away. 4.5 foot sand tiger, spit my bait out like it was a bad apple. How the heck did I get him all the way into the surf and then he let it go? Any way nothing else for over 7 hours, nice night on the beach though, as long as you didnt get to far from the fire(mosquitoes). think I am goin to try again tomorrow. Got to do some more testing of my bait launcher and had many good results, got the bugs worked out with the bait delivery system and now all I got to do is find a quicker method launch, still to time consuming just to get out a couple of lines.

Sweet Dave, hope they hang out for a while. Shouldn't we be getting large ST's by now?

Nice Dave - sounds like you had some excitement going - those hits on your "launched" baits? or your casted baits?

At least you got to see the shark. Sometimes the hook just grabs the outer mouth and with enough thrashing can rip right off. We should be seeing the larger sharks moving in any day now.

Nice Dave - sounds like you had some excitement going - those hits on your "launched" baits? or your casted baits?

one was casted (the one I lost right away) the other was launched.