14 posts in this topic

Figured I would share my report w/ my 2nd home........next door

Forgive the Copy and Paste...

Did my Ritual Stop at Grottos to bust on my Favorite Bartender!

and made it to Popeyes before 10pm!!!!!!!

Me, Jim, Andy and Ian Left IRM around 4:30am... Little Late

I was in Charge of the Beer and Chicken.........

Jimmy was in Charge of the Bait

Noobie was in Charge of getting the Boat to Run.......... (Minor problem when the transmission doesnt want to hold the fluid)

Headed out to the Hot Dog 1st... Drop the lines in around 8:30 right before the Tip of the Dog. Water Was BEAUTIFUL Color Blue. Haven't seen water so Blue in a Long time but, the water temps were COLD COLD COLD! 61.5 degrees.

We trolled around for an hour with Nothing.

Saw the BIGGEST Tiger Shark ever. Andy says it must have been around 18 feet long! I actually thought it was just something Floating in the water but the fin must have been about 3' out of the water.

Anyway... Picked up the Rigs and headed for the Tip of the Poormans. (Jim wouldnt know... He was Sound Asleep after his morning Dump)

Dropped our lines in around the 80 fathom line and trolled out to the Tip. Right at the Tip - 100 Fathoms we had our First Blue Fin on the boat landed by Yours Truely!

Next up was Jimmy with a 50# Yellow Fin!

Next was Ian with another Bluefin - About 50#

And As we called it at Day...... the Long Line with the Bird on it - Jimmy hauled in Another 50# Yellow Fin!!!!!!!!!!

NICE!

It was an Awesome Day! Seas were Flat Calm out and even the 21' Skiff could have made it out.

Water temps were 72 degrees!!! 10 degree diff from the Dog.

All the BFin were on Bally/ Blue/White

All Yellowfin were on Green Machines

All and All.........

2 YFin

1 BFin

1 BFin Release

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I Love it!

62 Pcs of Chicken - 70$

60 Miller Lites - $40

3 packs of Smokes - $15

Bait $20

Britney Cleaning the Boat - $62

Fuel - $400

150 lbs of Tuna Fish @ Hook 'em & Cook 'em $?

2 lbs of Scallops from Deanna $25

Fishing with Shorty, Ian and Noobie all day long............. PRICELESS!

Beautiful Day!

Even Sam would have Love it ........

Ryan

Edited by Sam
linked pictures were no longer valid

Great job, Ryan. That sounds like a blast. I bet seeing a Tiger like that is something to remember!

Oh it was Sam!

Great time... 1st Tuna trip of the year... A month late but, we did it!

The Shark was Huge Sam! Huge... Just hanging out up top - sunning itself on top. I figured NO FISH would be around that spot so, we left.

Hey! I can get used to this FREE LOADING / HITCH HIKING stuff! Kinda Cool! And VERY Cheap!

Don't worry Bohica... New Boat coming very very soon!

Ryan - very cool! I love reading your reports - the required chicken and everything - you've got it down to a science!

And the freeloading hitch hiking thing? Yeah - cool for a while - and cheap no doubt- but trust me at times it gets pretty old not being able to pick up and go fishing wherever whenever.

should have thrown that tiger a nice slab of mack and held on!

Good Job Ryan:icon_thumright:

nice report & photos, gotta' love 'dem Bloody Decks:evil6:

went out to the poormans found 78 degree water. I have a slower boat so it took us a long time to get there and we had our lines in the water for a total of 45 min all day and had 2 70 lb yf and 1 80 lb blue fin in a small box. we also lost a large yellow fin by error of the gaff hitting the line, which was ok we had no more room for fish. it was a good day reports on the radio were pretty much the same every one was heading in early with full boxes.

Nice Fish:icon_thumright: good job, I here fishing is HOT out on both sides of the wall:happy2:

Nicely done knock down! Thanks for the pics.

Nice Fish:icon_thumright: good job, I here fishing is HOT out on both sides of the wall:happy2:

Yeah, all reports seem to indicate that.

Ryan, thanks for hookin me up with the HO for this week.....I'm so psyched, I'm having a really hard time sitting here at work .

I'm so psyched, I'm having a really hard time sitting here at work .

:confused3:me too, really suxxs sitting at the keyboard when I should be somewhere watchin' baits:evil6:

Nice fish! Thanks for the pics... Excellent