9 posts in this topic

A few things:

#1 - Steve went fishing and it DIDN"T RAIN!!!!!! (curse of the "trowpical storms" is hereby broken)

#2 - My skunk is hereby broken - well - sortof ....still didn't get a striper, but I had some decent pullage by something other than a skate,, dogfish, or dead bird! So that counts for me! (now...time to search through the bluefish recipes in the "cookin them up" section.)

Report - started fishing IBSP around 4pm - zip nada nothing going on until 8:30 ish - right at dusk bam bam bam - the blues started hitting - we were down to one rod a person at the peak...if you tried to bait a second rod, you'd have a hit while casting it out.

Oh yeah - the usual skates were there too after dark.

Here's a picture of the largest - 26 inches :icon_tongue: This one jumped completely out of the water as I was fighting it..pretty cool to watch.

5852a50df033c_IMGP0509(Medium).JPG.c03d5

Thanks - I think I think i'll be hitting this place more often in the future - only 2.5 hrs away (compared to 3.5 for OC). Downside is i have no place to stay - didn 't get home until 2:30 this morning...and had to get up to work today *yawn*

Bunker chunks and Mullet - most of the blues preferred the mullet.

Hmmm, the fish looks surprised too....

Nice catch!!!

Bunker chunks and Mullet - most of the blues preferred the mullet.

:blob1: Leaving today 4 the week, will b fishen both sides :glasses2: One buddy has tk & beach pass & were taken a 30' pontoon to the bayside. Never boated in Barnegate Bay, will b an experience i'm sure :icon_salut: