6 posts in this topic

Got to the pier at 6:30 this am had pin rig up and line wet with a live croaker off the front left middle,, Jr ( yes He I let him Skip his first 2 classes ) had his pin rig up on the left corner as we were on the TEE. We were there looking for the all mighty man in the Brown suit. But had no takers even when I switch my croaker for a nice lil candy bar blue fish. Was a steady bite of lil crokers, sand pearch, seen one spot, and alot of under size flounder. fished till 10:30 am so I got him to school with his Dr's. note i wrote for him and off to home to shower for work. Wind was suttle but yet hard at times right in our faces coming from Hampton, tide was ripping good on the incoming. Should be back soon to another pier soon Oh and even soaked a nice lil blue head for bait ,, Crabs were eattin up the crokers chunks I had out also. Water was a lil dirty but not to bad. All bait used was bleeding fresh or live.

how'd ya get the blue to stay alive. For as angry as they are I don't find them very hearty on the hook as live bait, luckily they aren't bad as dead bait either.

To hook the Blue with out killing it is to hook him between his head and dorsal fin. and then have a stinger which is a treble hook between the tail and dorsal. Be sure not to go to far down on the body , that will kill the fish then slide him down ya anchor line till he is about 9 inches under water so when it swims around at times its tail will kick up the water and cause a splish and a splash every so often. But make sure it is under water but just where ya can see him. If ya like next time I head out ill post the night before and we can meet out there and I teach ya some of the secerts of that Pier/ and other things.

BoNeS

Been wondering when someone was going to try OVP for Cobia. Thinking about doing myself here in another week or so!

Thx for the feedaback!

my cobia fishing aint gonna be done at OVP..maybe some at the LIP but im going somewhere else for the majority of it

Myself wont be fishing that much there either, Will be at seaull also myself alot of then time. But when the reports from OVP were 4 cobes seen in 3 days with one landed off a bottom rig by the cleaning station and yes on a high low drop rig Bottom rig. Yea I went as much as I dislike that Pier ,, only due to Management but maybe they will have there stuff straight this year.

But will be in a secert spot Sunday Yakkin baits out from the shore ,, in a very well know Cobia spot. Will report Afterwards that day if I can get away from the Pool thats going in at the house.