6 posts in this topic

Here is a little article posted by DaveH:

2bull_100.jpg.88b56c90bdf221541f6bf7f1e3

1bull_141.jpg.15ccd4505a316786566cedcea3

Wade fishing, anyone? This image and that on the above picture illustrates that among the worlds three most dangerous sharks (the others are the white and tiger), the bull is most inclined to patrol very shallow water. Bulls can be tough estuarial light tackle opponents; this small bull was caught and released in a Florida Bay.

I need to learn the difference in appearance. I might have caught one and not have known it!

I haven't seen one on dry land, but in the water coming towards you they look like a big bulldozer. They're wide and flat across the mouth and lower jaw, a chiseled looking snout from the side.

Unfortunately, they are sometimes too curious and get pretty mean.

Where I used to surf and lve in FL, they were the biggest problem.

They'll do fresh water too,like it dirty. One was found at the top of the CB caught in a pound net at North East, MD. Also one found in the Mississippi river, so far north it said "Eh?" when they pulled it up.

Also one found in the Mississippi river, so far north it said "Eh?" when they pulled it up.

I did read that too. That shark is one step ahead in the evolution chain.

My cousin and I are gonna try and plan some shark trips out of Ocean City this summer. Really wanna try and catch some Makos. He used to complain about sharks until we hooked into some nice ones down out of Murrels Inlet last Oct. I can't wait...nothing puts up a fight like a big shark