5 posts in this topic

Found this reading some news online

wd-40 doesn't just clean stains

Did you know that WD-40, Water Displacement No. 40 began from a search for a rust preventative, solvent and degreaser to protect missile parts?

WD-40 was created in 1953 by three technicians at the San Diego Rocket Chemical Company. Its name comes from the project that was to find a "water displacement" compound. They were successful with the 40th formulation, thus WD-40 which has become a household word.

Not only does is displace moisture, protect, lubricate and clean a million things including removing crayon from walls, scuff marks from floors and bug guts from your bumper, it attracts fish as well. Spray a little on your lures and it increases strikes and hookups. It's a lot cheaper than the chemical attractants that are made for just that purpose but keep in mind that using some chemical laced baits or lures for fishing is not allowed in some states. A main ingredient of WD-40? Fish oil.

I've heard that about being used as an attractant and also remember on 60 Minutes or some other news show, (years ago) where some people were spraying it on themselves to help wth arthritic joint pain and it worked

I'll stick to nuts and bolts.. I think in MD the rangers don't take kindly to WD-40, but am not sure. If I can't get one the old fashion way I'll just sit on the beach and get drunk. :bootyshake:

People have been spraying their squid for years on the Delaware bay. I read somewhere that the fish oil in WD-40 is bunker oil.

People have been spraying their squid for years.

Oh man, that's GOT to burn......