9 posts in this topic

Please feel free to post your fishing experiences. It is a little slow right now except for the occational schools of croaker and spot. There has been some exceptional sharking this year!

Keep Fishin! :)

I have been having a great time sharkin this year on <acronym title="Assateague Island">AI</acronym>. I have caught several in the 5-6' range and a few over 7'! Great times for this slow fishing summer. :D

sam-albums-maryland-fishing-pictures-picture8465t-another-good-release.jpg

We fished Assateague tonight. Caught one kingfish and had a big ray on, but lost him in the wash. :icon_scratch:

its getting pretty close to september, almost time to drop the shark rigs and start shootin for the red drums, im excited about that this year.

It was a very pretty night, even though the flys and skeeters were out in full force!

1.jpg

Fished AI tonight with Sam and tried for sharks but ended getting kings. Thanks for the bait Sam. Going to start next week for Mr Red.

I may be wrong, but I think the reds are going to be here early this year. Just gotta gut feeling.

I know you can yak the bait out for sharks. Can you do that red drum? What other fish can you yak the bait out for?

Old post, but to answer the question, yes. Steve caught a very nice Red Drum on a whole bunker he kayaked out past the breakers.