5 posts in this topic

Barb, Phil and I launched Sandy Pt @noon, motered over to Kent Island and started drifting bait rigs tipped wth Fishbites Bloodworms.

caught some White Perch, Bunker and Croaker in hopes of live lining some baits in the shallows at sunset for Stripers:happy2:

well things didn't go as planned, VHF was blasting away about a nasty thunderstorm heading our way, so we pulled-up lines and headed in:angry7:

we were on the road for @15 mins when the rains came and boy Im glad we can in, heavy rain, lightning and wind. well atleast everything in the boat got washed-down:booty:

now the dumb stuff:confused4:

when we set our first drift, after about 30 mins of not moving an inch, I fired-up the engine to move closer to the bay bridge. I dropped the engine in gear and it stalled:confused1:

did this 4 times, wth is going on I thought? Barb happened to looked back and noticed a yellow float under water by the lower unit:angry7: well it turns out it was just wrapped twice, so it came off easy:) when we first stopped, we musta drifted right over it and snagged it around the skeg, no wonder we didn't move for 30mins:confused3:

then, just before the storm warning went-up and right at 7pm I decided to check my Nav lights and to my surprise the stern light doesn't light:disgust: we tried for about 10 mins to make it work but to no aval. so I am guessing it was a good thing the light didn't work or we may have had to weather that storm in the boat and Get Wet in GET WET:eek:

that is all..................:icon_salut:

Sounds like a good time on the water. At least you didn't get the T-storm. :confused3:

Good try.That storm was nasty:glasses2: Was hoping to do the same thing on the Eastern Bay on Monday. Had fish bites and the cast net looking for some fishies to use to catch bigger fishies. Only thing we caught were a few perch and one 17 Rockie:angry2:. Might try the Narrows tonight............

yup gonna' try again this weekend:glasses2:

stern light is fixxed, just a little corrosion:eusa_shifty:

At least you caught a few!!!! Yeah we heard about "chance of storms" all day sat and sun, luckily nothing formed up around us. Just two beautiful days on the water.