12 posts in this topic

....sunday morning, as Phil, Kurt and I are going out on saturday to the Severn River to fish for Pike, Perch & Stripers 8)

Can you catch pike and stripers in the same water? :wink: :mrgreen:

yes, ther have been many times we've been Pike fishing and have had stripers hit our baits. most in the 2 to 8 lb range but once many, many years ago, I remember my dad caught a 22lb striper while pike fishing.

we use 6' to 6.5' rods wth spinning reels spooled wth 8, 10 & 12 lb test line, just in case :wink: and are fishing in 10' of water or less.

Would be cool to see a few pics. 8)

Tear em up. :)

:twisted: :twisted: Happened again :twisted: :twisted:

weather is lookin' Gooood for tomorrow 8)

I'll post-up a full report on sunday :!:

well the weather was nice...... :lol:

Philip got to my house almost on time :shock: we stopped at Anglers on Rt 50 and got some minnows. got to Sandy Point and my 2006 magnetic "swipe card" won't open the gate :x so we had to pay $3.00 to get in.

we left the ramp and headed up into the Severen River, very low tide. nothing caught till @noon, Philip caught 3 and lost 2 and I caught 1 and lost 2, Kurt didn't catch anything. all the Pike were in the 18" to 20" range and went @ 2lbs.

we fished till @4pm, was nice just toget back on the water, even if we didn't "knock-the-crap-outta' them"

I read water temps as low as 47* all the way up to 50*, so striper fishing won't be too far away. on the way back to the ramp, just @1/2 mile south of the bridge I spotted birds diving and feeding over 2 large schools of bait fish. tried a few cast on the spot, nothing.

Im thinking of going to the upper Choptank this weekend.

Great report, Randy! I know what you mean about "just getting back out on the water". I had such a great day on Saturday and Sunday too. It was so nice to relax with a fishing pole in one hand and a cold soda in the other. It has been a long winter and I am very happy with the month of March so far! :mrgreen:

agreed, I hope the weather stays about the same the rest of the week :cross:

I would have gone into more detail on saturdays trip but Im at work and in between fone calls and my other "web" duties, doesn't leave me much time to type..........but, Philips fish were all caught on the Sabiki rig and mine was caught on Red & White Shad Dart tipped wth a minnow and thats our first Severn River Pike trip in @15 years :!:

:cool1: ...Beats watchin the tube or sittin around the house bored... You guys eat pike :?:

:cool1: ...Beats watchin the tube or sittin around the house bored... You guys eat pike :?:

no we don't eat them, but they are very good eating, just very boney. 99% of the time, we practice "catch n' release"

Im not a very big "fish" eater, unless its fresh Wahoo or Dolphin :loveit: , everything else goes back in the water to catch-again :mrgreen: