7 posts in this topic

Fly fishing seems to be growing on the Delmarva Peninsula. If anyone has any input on the topic, please let us know.

im a newby flyfisher, but i can say im hooked. if you like flinging lures try a fly!

I was looking at some St. Croix fly rods at Gander Mt. yesterday. One I looked at was $140. Does this sound right? I would like to get a decent one to learn on, but I'm new to it. Any suggestions?

The only thing I know about fly fishing is you want a two-piece.

I have read that the more sections you have, the less feel you have.

I guess unless you buy a real expensive rod....

I'd like to get into it too.....

140 is right, some st croix are cheaper. mine was about 100, its a 9' 9wt premier, last year for the lifetime on that series

you musta been lookin at the reign series, its new this year, for a few buck more, @ 200, you can get the avid with a lifetime warranty. flyrods go from 30-3000, depending.

im a fan of st croix, so i got it. give mason at salisbury fly shop a call he can stear you to wat you want. and he gives free casting lessons with purchase of an outfit. you can get an entire outfit for anyplace from 150-300 to start.

what will really suprise you is the line cost - @ 50 for middle of the road. if you wanna play with one sometime, let me know

Thanks Roger. I'll have to take Carrie and swing by to check things out. I do have a birthday coming up. :-)

I second the good remarks about St. Croix's Avid series. I used to guide for Orvis (although not for long b/c I really didn't like it) and own some of their rods, but the Avid is a great deal for the money and has one of the best warranties in the business.