30 posts in this topic

Hopefully this week things will start picking up in the striper department. It has been relatively quiet on the beachfront other than Ben and a few others who have found a few fish. Historically, this coming week seems to be the time when they start showing up in greater numbers but I guess we will have to wait and see.

Some smaller fish, like kings, have started to arrive on the beachfront and the back bays are producing some flounder.

Get your feet in the sand, go fish and have fun!

Lousy, Lots of wind and sand blasting, massive bow in my lines, water was ok but waves were very big, one skate ( hooked himself) I wont get another chance to get out again for at least two weeks:angry5:

I know u all are using Bunker heads and clams .....But was wondering in the clam department ....I think the only kind that the bait stores carry here are soft shell clams. Are those the ones that u all are using? Also in the surf can I dig up some sand flees this time of year? Tanks

I know u all are using Bunker heads and clams .....But was wondering in the clam department ....I think the only kind that the bait stores carry here are soft shell clams. Are those the ones that u all are using? Also in the surf can I dig up some sand flees this time of year? Tanks

I use chowder. You should be able to find quahog (chowder) clams. If not, I can't see why softshell wouldn't work either. If you are targeting stripers, IMO, I would stick with bunker this time of year but they will hit on clam and have had many takers on the clam. I try to use clam on one rod just in case a black drum is around. Also, instead of clam, you may even try those artificial fishbites...crab or shrimp variety, they may even have clam too.

There are plenty of sandfleas on the beach and work great for black drum.

I have been fishing 3 rods lately. Clam on one, big bunker head on one and a bunker chunk on one.

This past weekend I got desparate and even tried some of that Bulp Bloodworms but got no takers on it. I have heard the fishbites aren't good until the water warms up a bit or you buy the cold water formula.

All we need is a kayak tip in that black abyss!

Hit the beach at 3 and left the beach at 3:15. Strong south blow and muddy water. Threw a line out, caught a skate, threw second line, another. After that, along with losing a layer of skin from being sand blasted, decided to pack it in and go play a round of golf.

Oh man, thats no fun.

What is all this golf talk? :icon_pirat: