71 posts in this topic

Let's set a date and see who catches the most spiney dogfish! I would like to do it on AI. Drinks, BBQ, Fire...

I can fit 3 guys in my Jeep.

April???? :bash: Lets check the tides, moon phases, weather and pick a day.

Who's up for it? :?:

:D count me in,,,I would suggest towards the end of April, new moon and good height differences in tides,,,thats when those spineys should be in full force :D ,,,I can fit 3 comfortably,,,my only problem is work,,,the end of april can be the busiest time of the year for me and have to work every weekend, which would probably be the best time for everyone,,,if it's on a weekend, I'll try to work it out.

id def be interested in it but i dont know if i have the right equipment but i sure would love to come down and just do some fishing with u guys! lemme know!

I'm in, depending on the shoulder.

Weekdays are fine with me too.

Prolly still too cold for the yak.

Yeah, this probably won't be a good yakin trip, but we can stand around and yak all day! Steve, I'm sure your shoulder can manage to bring your hand to your mouth, even holding a cold one.

Plus, all the mods have to make it!

what you mean try to catch them :roll: count me in weekends are hard but I'll see .........

Just to clarify, catching the striped ones would be the main goal here. A spiney doggy is just a bonus. :-)

sounds like it could be a good time. if im free i might be interested

Sounds great. I know a couple of guys that would love to get together with you.

Man,,,I thought we were targetting doggies,,,bummer :lol:

eventho im kind of new on here i would DEF. be interested in comming down and getting to know some of you guys and learning some more technique. Let me know when and where. I have a 4x4 if it is on a drive-on-access beach i can help take stuff/people! lemme know!

RB, if you plan to make the trip to AI more than a couple times this year you can pick up a permit to drive on the beach. They're 70 bucks a pop plus the $20 card for the NPS gate.

If you hit a few National Parks during the year you can get the $50 pass that's good for ALL National Parks.

There aren't any less expensive permits for the sand other than the $70 dollar one, good for a year.

id def be interested in it but i dont know if i have the right equipment but i sure would love to come down and just do some fishing with u guys! lemme know!

ditto: I think I have 1 rod n reel that could be used as a surf outfit. its a 8ft rod and a Zebco Quantaum 4500 wth 17lb test

I do not have a legal AI "beach vehicle" however my wife does have an AWD Ford Escape, Soooo what's it take to get a AI permitt :?:

Which of the permits would you guys recomend? I would probably do alot of driving on not just AI but up around IRI and them places. Are they both good for 1 year or how do they work?

Sounds like a great idea :D I'll bring my Sport Fishing mag 4 Steve(scanning and pming the shark art. seemed simple enough) :wallb:

sounds like a great time and a great way to put faces with screen names. Let me know when and I'll do what I can.

sounds like a great time and a great way to put faces with screen names. Let me know when and I'll do what I can.

I agree. I like Coops plan of late April. I could probably come down morning Friday 4 /28. Cmon spring!

Am I blind, or have you yet to post a Date???? I'd be interested in going, just gotta see how the schedule works out. I'll be out on the bay trolling apr 20-23 going launching the boat at Deale Island, so I won't be too far away. How's the night access there??? Its been a while since I've tried night fishing the beaches in that area. I' be willing to drive on out and have a few beers while I drown some bait. one evening after I get off the water.....

How does Friday, April 28th sound?

Dave, YES, pls bring the magazine. The April edition is on sale now and I can't get the edition you have.

Less you can scan the pages and email to me. I'm going to start a script for it.

Sam, yous talking about during the day and into the night, right?

Say maybe noon start?

Where to meet, just below the BP?

Was thinking maybe further down to avoid the start of the weekend crowd.

I was thinking early morning till the last man leaves. We could kind of congregate at a location to be decided later, but depending on the amount of folks, within a couple hundred yards of each other. I my opinion, the best stripa fishing is at sunrise and sunset. They do bite all day long. :smartass:

Hey late april is good for me...i decided that i am going to get a 4x4 permit soo if anyone would need a ride im sure i could take 2-3 people! BTW i just put an application in at BPS so if i get the job and anyone is in the harrisburg pa area make sure u stop by or if anyone needs anything i could get it for u for a discounted price! soo keep me posted on the get-together and ill more then likely be down!

How does Friday, April 28th sound?

DAMN, I can't do that weekend :x as the 29th is my saturday to work here at the dealership :evil:

How is April 21st sound? Any objections? I think the hogs are gonna be moving in soon.

i should be good for any weekned just keep the post up to date!