6 posts in this topic

Got myself a Ho ride today on the ShelbyKat II with Dr. Ike and Chuck. Target was Taug with possibility of Flounder and striper as well along the islands of the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel.

Departed Taylor's Landing Marina at 6:15am and headed out into the bay with some heavy fog. Had to be very careful when we crossed the channels at the 1st and 2nd Islands, then again at the 3rd and 4th islands. Reached the 4th island with no problems and started to get in position to drop the wreck anchor. Plenty of fiddler crabs ready for the Taug!

After scoping out the bottom, we tossed out the wreck anchored and we were set to go. I decided not to start fishing for Taug 1st, instead I took out my 7ft tica/Boca combo and tossed out a gotcha plug at the rocks. As soon as the plug hit the water I got nailed, but the fish spit the hook. Tossed out again and pulled up a fiesty little Taylor Blue which I kept in case of drifting for flounder later.

Kept tosiing out the Gotcha and began hooking up to some healthly looking schoolies in the 15-20" range, before switching over to Taug. In the meantime, Chuck and Ike had pulled in a few Taug with 1 or 2 keepers. I then proceeded to land an Oyster Toad :icon_puke_l: :icon_puke_l: :icon_puke_l: !

For the next few hours we repositioned and tossed out the wreck anchor 8-10 times, but the outgoing tide just was not producing that many keepers at all. We ended going to the 3rd island, then the second, then called it quits. We ended up with 6 keeper Taugs, and released 19 short Taugs between us. Just the one Bluefish and about a dozen schoolies, which were all released. Could have caught schoolies for longer if we wanted.

From what we saw and heard on the radio it seemed like a slow morning/early afternoon bite today, but man was it beautiful to be out there. Also got to see a Navy Submarine and Aircraft cariier heading in with two destroyers heading out. Yeah, I see them all the time here, but It's a bit different when they are going through the channel right beside you!

Wish I could make it up north for the get together, but it don't look like that's going to happen!

Out till later in the weekend!!!!!!!!:icon_thumright:

So you got to be the anchor ho today, huh. At least you got out and were able to fish.

See you monday night at the NAC meeting?

It's my intention to make it to the meeting D!

And actually I was not the lone anchor Ho as Chuck and I switched off!

steve you ho, i got an invite from mike to go out drummin but i was at teh frehouse..sounds like they hooked a few too...

All Mike got was critters and I got that call too, but already committed with Ike! Plus already committed to the wife she coukd have the night.....