7 posts in this topic

Started off at rudee inlet for bait - 100's of bluefish for anyone and everyone who can even 1/2 way cast a line- I kept 5 for bait and Matt did too- headed off to another spot for flounder and caught 11 flatties, tagged and released all plus 4 speckled trout all keepers but tagged and set free in crab creek. Went back to rudee and got more blues for bait around 11. Met 2 of my catfish buddys from richmond at the boat ramp and gave them some fresh bait to take with them. Very foggy and never got past the 1st island but did catch and release 60 or so stripers mostly around 20 inches back inside the inlet and tagged 6 puppy drum- no keepers........back at em again tomorro...I need to take a day off from fishing so I can go CATFISHING !!!

Started off at rudee inlet for bait - 100's of bluefish for anyone and everyone who can even 1/2 way cast a line- I kept 5 for bait and Matt did too- headed off to another spot for flounder and caught 11 flatties, tagged and released all plus 4 speckled trout all keepers but tagged and set free in crab creek. Went back to rudee and got more blues for bait around 11. Met 2 of my catfish buddys from richmond at the boat ramp and gave them some fresh bait to take with them. Very foggy and never got past the 1st island but did catch and release 60 or so stripers mostly around 20 inches back inside the inlet and tagged 6 puppy drum- no keepers........back at em again tomorro...I need to take a day off from fishing so I can go CATFISHING !!!

WOW, Great Job:icon_pray: what do you'all's tagg's look like:icon_scratch:

Jamie,

How was the water clarity in the bay today?

I'm off friday trying to Ho a ride for taug, flounder, and some striper!

incoming was pretty clear- still lots of "silt" washing back out on the outgoing.

the big tag are for red & black drum and big cobia- never caught a black drum before and only 2 big reds goofing off for cobia last year....this year you can bet i will go a time or two w/ dixie and bucket in the surf for reds. i know of at least 1 55 pound cobia still out there cause i tagged it last year- the small tags in my gun are used for trout, tog, spades and such -

TAGGUN-1.jpg

i might be down for some hoing on friday i can even get a thrid too

STAYED IN THE OCEAN YESTERDAY - 14 MAY 2007 - TAGGED 27 FLOUNDER - JUST 1 WAS OVER - THE REST WERE NOT EVEN LEGAL LAST YEAR- CALL ME WHEN YOU WANNA GO BEOTCH