24 posts in this topic

Looks like Phil and I will be out for the duration (nearly) from Thursday somewhere between noon and 3 until around 2 am Saturday and then back out for the fling.

WTF down

Looks like Phil and I will be out for the duration (nearly) from Thursday somewhere between noon and 3 until around 2 am Saturday and then back out for the fling.

Far down

well, lmk how you all make-out:icon_thumright: I'll be down thursday night(late) and planned on hittin' AI on friday morning for a little pre-scout trip:hello:

Gotta get out there too... Looking really nice.

I'm not sure i can do the FULL duration as i'll be down w/ the family and have to balance a lot of priorities. - but I want to do something close to it - being out part of every day, logging as many hrs as possible.

Ben - If I don't make it this time with you, I wanna get down with a "golden pass" and do it right w/ you sometime soon! You don't mess around with this stuff and I'm sure I could learn some things from a 36hr sit with you.

Ben - If I don't make it this time with you, I wanna get down with a "golden pass" and do it right w/ you sometime soon! You don't mess around with this stuff and I'm sure I could learn some things from a 36hr sit with you.

The man can catch big fish!

nothing I haven't learned from this site, I'm still a rookie...albeit an obsessed rookie.

well that's not entirely true, 2 days with critter gitter doesn't hurt either.

Friday night I will be out but I'm not sure how far down I will go with the camper, still getting the hang of that thing.

Friday night I will be out but I'm not sure how far down I will go with the camper, still getting the hang of that thing.

Dave, are you leaving the camper in the bull-pen overnight or comming back in the AM saturday wth it?

Dave, are you leaving the camper in the bull-pen overnight or comming back in the AM saturday wth it?

I was wondering the same thing - seems like it would be convenient to spend the night there and take the short trip down to the fling area in the morning (or - better yet -scope out a good fling spot, fish all night and show everyone pictures of the cows you pulled out when they join you for the fling!)

I was wondering the same thing - seems like it would be convenient to spend the night there and take the short trip down to the fling area in the morning (or - better yet -scope out a good fling spot, fish all night and show everyone the cows you pulled out when they join you for the fling!)

"show everyone the PICTURES OF THE cows you pulled out when they join you for the fling!"

Then you get free beer!:icon_pidu:

Good point Ben - post duly edited to be more C&R friendly

Dave, after that blow and the point is still there, put your camper on it. It's a nice piece of real estate on both the south and north end and even on it...no bar on the point. Not sure how it looks like now after the big blow. Not to far away from the entrance and would make shuttling folks back and forth easier and shorter if necessary.

That's is a good spot for the fling just got to get some people down early to stake out some of that beach frontage so we can all fish together.

I agree, that point is a great spot if it is still there, and if it is with the sustained winds it could be carved pretty deep.

That's is a good spot for the fling just got to get some people down early to stake out some of that beach frontage so we can all fish together.

NE1 have some #'s:icon_scratch: or........maybe get Oliver to plant the "stick" at the spot:evil6:

ok, gotcha':icon_thumleft:

now who's going to be on the beach 1st on saturday to set-up shop:confused: I can prob get on the sand at @ daybreak:happy2: and set-up but then I (or Barb) might have to-do some shuttle-service 1st thing:dontknow:

My dad and I are willing to help set up with an early morning team (But we'll need a ride). I'm looking to get there early anyway to get a spot and get lines in the water.... :)

Sorry for the hijack Ben

I'll be out Friday so I will be there all night and the next day..

no prob...everyone just look for Dave.

no prob...everyone just look for Dave.

LOL But you will be out a day a head of me.

Ahhh but we're not having the fling that far south.....Although with the numbers coming we might span from the bullpen to the VA line :eusa_shifty::icon_scratch:

I plan to be out sometime early early in the morning like 3am or 4am to start fishing.

I am really really itching to get out there.