21 posts in this topic

Just wanted to jump in here and Say hi. Site looks great can't wait to dig in and really start to read some of the info here. I live in manassas, va, but often fish out of Kiptopeke, Crisfield and Deale Island. As well as hit AI and Henlopen from time to time.

Welcome. This is a good site and there are a lot of good people here. You can learn a lot....unless you already know everything. I live about 25 miles from you in Falls Church.

Good to have ya here, I'm in Rockville.

Fish will be jumping soon....

Fish will hopefully be jumping onto my line this weekend. With this nice weather I'm going to get them to jump on my line this weekend. Not quite sure where to go yet though. May hit Lake anna for some stripers, thinking about Dam 4 on the potomac for some walleye and muskie, Maybe the james river for some big Blue cats....Also considered hitting the bay, but not quite sure if I'll get anything out there yet....so I'll probably stick with one of the others.

just a note, I noticed my signature isn't showing up, is there a minimum post req, or approval req prior to it showing up?

welcome aboard. you found possibly the nicest site on the net

Roger, I think this is the first time I've met anyone on any board I am a member of from Princess Anne. My uncle's house is out there, actually anytime I Fish out of Kiptopeke, Crisfield or Deale Island that is where I stay. We actually use Wynona (sp) alot too, ramp there just happens to be a little smaller than deale island

i know the winonna ramp well, i used to put off there wheni had a boat, ahh so happy to buy, so happy to sell.

princess ann is a great location, in the middle of all of it

yeah, what they all said: "Welcome Aboard" 8) wanna' beer :lol:

sold the boat huh??? I love fishing anywhere, but by far I love the ability to get anywhere I want in a boat. Well almost anywhere. I have seen too many times (SPSP especially) where People fishing from the shore weren't catching anything, and with my ability to get that extra 100 yards out I was catching fish after fish....I don't think I could ever live without a boat these days or without access to a boat. Don't get me wrong, I still love pier and surf fishing, or wading the river, but I really love where a boat can put me.

and sure, serve the beer Ice Cold in one of those monster mugs

Welcome aboard, Jeff! It's getting to be about that time. Good luck this weekend. Make sure you post your reports and pics! :kid:

I always post reports and most always post pics.....Here's from 2 sats ago when I went out.

catfish_2_25_848.jpg.ae2967b75397e621d9e

Awesome! Can we have some details? I'm not too familiar with catfishin.

Sam, go to Giant and get some Cajun Catfish at the fish counter.

After you eat 'em you'll want to grab a line and get some Cats!

Darn good eatin'.

There are different tastes associated with where the fish is from, farm, ocean, clean lake, river, etc....

Leave the muddy river cats alone....(IMO)

Sounds like a plan! I bet I have eaten it without even knowing. :-)

Sam, I'm not even gonna' touch that one!

:shock:

:lol:

Details those were all caught within a mile of Dutch Gap Boat launch in Chesterfield County, VA. 2 were caught almost directly under the 295 bridge 1 was caught about 2/3 the way back to the boat ramp in a 35' hole. All cats we caught were caught on Shrimp, Cut White Perch or Cut Mullet. Water temp was between 48-50 deg and no fish were caught on a slack tide....the tide had to be moving or they weren't biting.oh, no fish less that 35', heard the big uns like the 40'+ water, but couldn't get my anchor to hold and deeper. I would drop anchor and inevidably it wouldn't finally get a good grab until about 35' Oh well pullage is pullage, although I think I'm trying it again this coming sat.

Thanks for the info. I gotta try sometime. I used to fish for mud cats in the Tuckahoe river in Caroline County. It could be FREEZING out and I was pulling in 4-5lb cats. very fun. Mostly caught on earthworms. :-) Long ago...

Nice report. 8) Catfish are good eats. Fried scampi style in garlic n' butter. :chef: I dont eat em too much though. They are some vacuum cleaners of the bottom and ya never know what they have been eating.