9 posts in this topic

for a while now I have been experiencing bad luck...not sure what to do. Tried different tactics ....lures ....speed of retrieval ...trolling speeds ...weatehr at Kent narrows or in the (or Eastern Bay WYe River) or bay marking alllllll kids of fish but not bringing them in the boat.....getting a complex now.... I kinda know if I had live bait I would do better but its kinda like the fish have a grudge against me...not saying I did anything to them its just that I haven't found what I am look ing for this spring......that last spring at this time I had close to a dozen of the silvery beauties......I need mojo:icon_puke_l:

just venting all is good in the world...like they say a bad day on the water.....:icon_puke_r:

I know how you feel. Sometimes you can't do anything wrong and are into them and other times, it seems like you'll never see a fish.

what depth are you fishing at? Im hearing prople draggin' alot of lead and bouncing off of 50':confused3: but my fish last week and the one "knock-down" we had, we're both on a shallow short flatt-line and most of the bait and big fish I was markin' were in 20' of water, or less.

Was marking fish all over the water (near the channle edge) had 10 lines out all at different depths some near the top with just a couple of oz. of lead and I know other hanging near the bottom.......one knockdown in 2 days of trolling. Gonna try again late this afternoon and see if they will cooperate just a little more than they have beenth_Fishermangif-1.jpg

Good Luck Bro' as it's blowin' 20 to 25 knt's right now:eusa_shifty:

naw didn't make it watched my buddys kids so he and his wife could go out...they trolled at mouth of Eastern bay near the channel had one knockdown and that was it,,,,,,they said it was really rough:icon_puke_l:

Hey Tom, we all have that kind of luck some times. I just caught my first legal striper from the surf since October of 05. Now, I do a lot of fishing on that beach and I have caught many other fish, but I have done a LOT of striper hunting and put in hundreds of hours looking for her... It's just part of the game... Don't get too worked up over it.

LOL...yr rite I should just chill and let the flow take over:icon_tongue: fishermen-1.jpg