6 posts in this topic

My truck is a 2002 Nissan Frontier 4X4, which I love. However, the front bumper of a Frontier is plastic so there is no metal bumper to mount a surf rod holder to. It seems that

I will have to get someone to weld the holder to the underframe. This seems a little tricky and I want to identify someone who knows what they are doing. Any recommendations would be appreciated. I live in the Lewes, Delaware area.

My preference is to mount it on the front or in the bed. Dont want to interfer with the tailgate so a bumper hitch mount is out.

I am also looking for some help in this area. I have a 01 Jeep Grand Charokee. Anyone out there? 8)

Gene Reynolds would be the man,,,if you don't want anything that big, I would suggest just putting a front hitch on your vehicle,,,there are many racks, some good and not so good, that just slide in the hitch,,,no wobbles if you get a j pin that tightens the unit against the hitch,,,there is absolutely no wobble with my rack,,,solid,,,here is a pic of the rack on my truck,,,72qt cooler fits in the rack and holds 10 rods,,,it's a solid rack,,,generally most front hitches can be installed by a diy,,,mine only took 30 minutes to install and was quite easy,,,before you purchase a hitch and if you want to do it yourself, the manufacturer will tell you generally the degree of difficulty of installation and time to finish installation,,,keep in mind, some installations can be a real bear and are better left to a profesional.

truck_209.jpg.2553950fda45d9606f493dbe79

Does it have to be front? I have a homemade hitch mount I put in the receiver on the back of my truck...works just fine.

Nope, you can hang it off the side if ya want. If you are getting one from Gene he'll custom build for wherever you want to mount. I personally wouldn't want one on the back, would make it hard to use the tailgate as a work area.

Look funny too....

Nothing wrong with that setup,,,you can't beat the price,,,I have been considering on getting just a cooler rack for the rear,,,something that would hold a 100+quart cooler for those trips to the outer banks,,,it certainly would free up a lot of space in the bed of my truck, especially when we go on vacation in august down there,,,my wife and and my kids can really fill the bed up quick with stuff :) .