6 posts in this topic

Well I couldn't stand it and decided to make the run yesterday after my sons soccer game. Left the Beach around 11am and headed south with Kibaro in tow. Stopped at the new TW's Tackle (Nice shop) and scored a few pieces of bunker while Kibaro got his NC License. Stopped one more time at Frank and Frans to check out the bait and they had just got in some fresh Bunker so we scored some of that. No mullet to be found and looked like the bait situation was getting thin, so glad we got some at all.

Took the left after Red Drum tackle and proceed towards the point. Hit the 4wd and no problem as it engaged fine. Aired down and hit the beach. Drove down to the point and got settled in amongst the chaos. Truck handled fine this time so I was :blob1: !!

Got out the 1569/525 Mag and put on a fresh piece of bunker and let her go into a nice wind. No problem, good cast. Walked back to the truck and started to bait up another rod, but before I could do so I had a hit. Went to the rod, set the hook, fish on. Well that was the start of the Doggies:grommit:. From then on it was :grommit: :grommit: :grommit: :grommit: :grommit: :grommit: :grommit: :grommit: :grommit: :grommit: :grommit: :grommit: :grommit: :grommit: :grommit: :grommit: :grommit: :grommit: :grommit: :grommit: :grommit: :grommit: :grommit: :grommit: :grommit: :grommit: :grommit: :grommit: :grommit: :grommit: :grommit: :grommit: :grommit: :grommit: :grommit: :grommit: :grommit: :grommit: :grommit: :grommit: :grommit: :grommit: :grommit: :grommit: :grommit: :grommit: :grommit: :grommit: :grommit: . Get the picture??

Around 6:30pm, Kibaro get a nice hit and it does not feel like a doggie. He gets it in and it turns out to be a nice 5# Blue. Sweet maybe things are turning!

While I am helping cut another piece of bait for Kibaro since he is getting the Blue in the cooler, my rod instantly starts singing zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!! I drop everything and run to the rod, pick it up and as soon as I go to set the hook, the fish drops it.:angry5: :angry5: :angry5: No doubt it hit like a drum!

For the next hour we see about 6 nice drum landed up and down the beach, but overall a very scattered bite. I then get another hit and this time the fish is big. I set the hook and the fight is on. Get the fish to the first bar and low and behold it looks like I got a drum. About 5 minutes later, I realize, Mr. Ray has made his appearance. Instead of tangling everyones lines and putting more strain on my rod, Kibaro cut the line for me.

Packed up and headed out around 9pm as we were only making a day trip out of it. Enjoyable day, got some pullage, and had fun. Big baits today = Big Doggies, small baits in the wash = small doggies!

Man sounds like a great outing glad you got some pullage..

Good report. Lots of excitement. :) Those days are fun compared to just sitting with no action at all.

Shame that drum didn't stick.

nice draggage and pullage on the ray.

Snotty, but hey at least ya was in the best place in the world where I am soon to be moving :blob1: well looking to gettin a camper/trailer and setting it up on a lot down there. Oh and where di ya fish at when ya was there?

B,

We fished just to the right of where ya told me!

I was about 25 yards down from the desired spot!