6 posts in this topic

Ya know how the surf moves in one direction really really fast at times.....and u need a whole heck of a lot of weight just to hold bottem....what about hooking up a planer board past the breakers off the back of a pickup truck(have it set up high enough above the breakers).THen have it set up as far out as you need and depending on the angle slide a t least 3 lines down the ol line into different areas and depths....or at least I think...shoot it full of holes:icon_thumbdown:

My sand spikes are nearly 6' tall just so I can stay above the breakers. Keeping your line up our of the breakers really helps with grass as well.

if it were only current it would work, the swell will have its way with the planer though

Not sure about a planer board. A combo that works great is to have your pole up high. Like having a few rod holders mounted up on a ladder rack of a truck or slide in camper roof, and using a top float, made from those foam floats for kids , attached your main running line to keep the manline up and off the sandbars. That a way you can locate your hooks and leader too, if you get broken off from the mainline.

ok how about this...yak a ankor out 300yds or so and put a float with the line to the truck...slid down lines to how ever far out the float is and let them flow with the tide ...when the fish hits line releases and happy fisher men...or fisherwommen...or u can even cast the line out walk it on over to the line clip it on and let the line out to the distance u want:glasses1:

after further review from our board of certifiable fishing nuts we deem it to impractical and not time effeiciant...why go to all that trouble when u can just chuck it out there with a little more weight:glasses2: