13 posts in this topic

Anyone got an Isuzu Rodeo 4x4?

Having issues with the 4wd engaging and disengaging!

Let me know.............

Not too sure if they have vac lines but that could be the problem..usually a cheap fix

Anyone got an Isuzu Rodeo 4x4?

Having issues with the 4wd engaging and disengaging!

Let me know.............

does it have manual or automatic locking hubs? if auto, try cycling from nuetral to park and back to neutral with the switch in the position desired. also try changing the transfer case fluid.

It's a push on the fly button.

Actually now it has no problem engaging to 4wd, but when I push the button to disengage, the 4wd light stay's on (flashing). However, most times it will go back to 2wd, but the dang light stays on flashing.

It's a push on the fly button.

Actually now it has no problem engaging to 4wd, but when I push the button to disengage, the 4wd light stay's on (flashing). However, most times it will go back to 2wd, but the dang light stays on flashing.

If there is a auto zone around you stop by and they will put a scan tool to see if your truck is throwing any codes, sounds like you are having trouble with your transfer case engaging and disengaging, could be electrical, although I suspect maybe a transfer case fluid change could help. keep me posted.

edit

never mind.dave got it before me

10-4!

Will take her in here soon and have her looked at!

10-4!

Will take her in here soon and have her looked at!

Let me know the outcome.

Do you have the capability to manually lock them at the hub?

If you do, and they lock, then it's most likely a vacuum problem.

Trace the hose back from the hub, checking for cracks. If it's more than a few years old and has seen moderate salt (road & beach), it wouldn't hurt to change it out.

The auto system is one of the worst, I'm changing my hubs out late this summer.

Took the vehicle in for the 90,000 maintenence or my extended warranty would be void. Good thing I did!

They said the Timing Belt was on borrowed time and they were surprised it had not already busted loose. Guess the dealer didn't check it out or want to before selling it to me (RK Chevy is terrible here at the beach!).

So I got the 90,000 service done and a new timing belt, and they were nice enough at Checkered flag to check out my 4x4 issue as well. Said they took everything apart, cleaned and lubed her up and packed it all back in and seems to be working just fine now. Hopefully I will get the chance to ensure it does here very soon! They said the prior owner probably never used it or had it maintained, thus leaving me in that condition.

So at least I feel I got a good piece of mind now with my vehicle!!!!

If you still have an issue with the disengage, try backing up 10 feet after disengaging.

It used to be a factor, not sure if it is with the "newer" stuff.

Did they check the vacuum hose to the hub?

Did you?

Don't venture far on the sand or alone until you resolve this issue.

Glad all is well, but take Steve's advice and dont venture to far on your own just to be on the safe side until you know all is well. As for the belt I believe it was not changed just because the deler knew it would bring business back but then again it could have been missed, I still prefer my first thought though. As for the backing up trick, it cant hurt to try it but each vehicle manufacturer is different and I believe most all newer vehicles you do not have to do that. keep me informed. thanks.

the reason for backing up is that reverse is usually the lowest gear set in the trans.makin the revs jump a bit higher when going slow.making more vacume for air actuated systems.