6 posts in this topic

Weather is here and beautiful!

Had to get the grass cut, toss some fertilizer down and get the kids to and from soccer today.

Headed out around 4pm with Bucket set on plugging for Blues at Lynnhaven Pier (Felt like planking it today and taking it easy). Only problem was Lynnhaven Pier has yet to open yet, so we headed to Ocean View Pier instead.

Arrived to an outgoing tide on the last leg, and it wasn't looking good already. Wind wasn't bad, but the tide and dirty water was yuk! Nice day so we did it anyway.

Ended up in a little croaker tourney between us for about 2 1/2 hours with Bucket winning 19-13 to take the title. Only problem was these croaker were about 4-6 inches long and that was it. Too bad it wasn't summer time and they would have made great bait. Only saw one nice croaker the whole time at about 1- 1/2 pounds. Only other things I saw caught were a few small roundhead.

Nice day and beautiful sunset tonight, and at least no Skunk!

Yup, it's only going to get better from here on out. Temps are finally starting to warm up.

I stopped by OVP around 4:30 and nothing was being caught.......and I mean nothing.

Yeah when first we rolled up on OVP late this afternoon it was slim pickins ... wanted to plug for blues but like Dixie said water was dingy ... plugged for a bit anyway NADA ... then got with the locals program AKA the first annual VCAN croaker choker classic ... even though I did not have my specialty croaker tackle ... I held on and the rest is history :happy7:

If'n it weren't for critters and croakers I wouldn't catch much at all :icon_scratch:

`bucket

sounds like a good day out nonetheless,

i'm gonna take the kids out and relax myself a bit today:happy9: