3 posts in this topic

I thought I heard (or read) the BFT limit will be (1) from 27"-47" and (2) from 47"-72" per boat per day :eusa_dance: , anyone know for sure? (I know, it may change 10 times between now and the season).

Recreational Atlantic Tunas Retention Limits

The recreational daily bluefin tuna (BFT) retention limit through May 31, 2007, is 2 BFT (47 inches to less than 73 inches) per vessel per day/trip, effective in all areas, for the entire fishing year. In addition, from March 24, through April 15, vessels landing BFT in the state of North Carolina may land 1 additional BFT measuring 27 inches to less than 47 inches. This additional fish is provided to assist research evaluating length to weight relationships of BFT at various sizes. Also, vessels fishing under the Angling category may retain 1 BFT (73 inches or greater) per vessel per year as a “trophy” fish for the boat. The recreational yellowfin tuna daily retention limit is 3 yellowfin/person. The minimum size for yellowfin and bigeye tuna is 27" curved fork length. There are no recreational limits for bigeye, skipjack or albacore tunas.

dang

I was hoping for the "slot" size for the 27-47 but I can't be too greedy.

LOL Actually, first I need to CATCH a tuna from my boat before I can worry about the size limits.

Thanks Bo for the details...