11 posts in this topic

Stunned isn't the word!:angel2:

God Bless those that were there and the Families!:angel2::angel1::angel11:

There is a lot more to it than has been released.

No doubt, it will be given to the media within a few days.

As an alumni of VT is very disheartening to hear of this tragedy. I had a few classes in Norris Hall and it sends chills down my spine to even think of what those students were going through. The town of Blacksburg and the university are very close and support each other like a family and they will get through this. Thoughts and prayers go out to the families who lost loved ones in this tragedy.

:icon_frown: From one hokie to all the fallen hokies.....I :icon_salut:

It is truly a sad day, there will be many prayers tonight for the family's and friends of those lost.

very, very sad............Barb and I were on pins n' needles all day as my nephew (Barbaras sisters only son) is a 1st year Engineering student at VT :icon_surprised: but we got word in the afternoon that he is OK:glasses2:

our thoughts and prayers go-out to ALL @ VT:icon_pray:

Thoughts and prayers to all the students and the families. Such a beautiful place for a terrible tradegy have been there over a hundred times visiting friends and family going to school at VT. Wishing them all the best and hope the students are able to continue classes.

Very sad situation. My niece goes to VT and my brother and his wife were having a hard time getting in touch with her when they first heard it on the news. Needless to say they were very worried but they eventually got in touch with her. Our prayers go to all that were affected with this tragedy.

Very tragic. Unfortunate the shooter didn’t begin his slaughter with himself. It was disgusting the press immediately attacked the college president and security for their actions following the incident. The anti gun folk will have a field day for weeks.

Imus who?

Sort of puts things into perspective.

God rest their souls.

The Subject had been stalking women. He also set a fire in his dorm.

What could have made him kill?

Duh, read the signs!!!!

If this individual had been dealt with earlier, perhaps this would not have happened.

Perhaps.....

With a felony arson rap, he could not have walked in and passed the instant check for the gun. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. Too bad it wasn't foresight.

There have been so many incidents that the warning signs have been there and nobody did anything about it. And this at the cost of our cherished ones....

A co-worker of mine dropped everything and left yesterday. His daughter is there.

Haven't heard from him....

Please people, if there are warning signs, DO SOMETHING!!!

Wow - talk about luck....guess it isn't that unlikely given the size of Virginia Tech, but to go through that mess twice has got to affect you :icon_pale:

On a lighter note, If anyone is considering a graduate degree, you might want to find out where Regina will be going first...

and where is our society headed?????? lets make a few more graphic first-person shooter games(guilty of enjoying them) and lets not teach our children responsible gun use, and can we please put anymore of a stranglehold on our middle class, so they have even less time to spend with their families, lord knows that really isn't the place to catch these problems early......