10 posts in this topic

Hi all, I have a 23' C-Hawk that my buddy and I would love to bring down to OC. We are dying to try fishing in the inlet/sound area. Our problem is neither of us have fished that area before, so if anyone with local area knowledge wants to take a fishing trip, and doesn't mind perhaps giving up a local spot or two, I am more than willing to take you out with me. All we want is to not catch a skunk after a 2 hour ride down. We are thinking of running down there after 5/12/07, so hopefully the weather will be cooperating by then. If your intrested just let me know.

Tight Lines, Mike:icon_salut:

well a whole lot of us will be fishing on AI on that day as thats the date of our "striper fling":glasses2:

boat fishing is fun at the beach, Im sure you know where the public launching ramp is in the comerical harbor?

what fish will you be targeting:icon_scratch: what kind of gear will you be using:icon_scratch:

well a whole lot of us will be fishing on AI on that day as thats the date of our "striper fling":glasses2:

boat fishing is fun at the beach, Im sure you know where the public launching ramp is in the comerical harbor?

what fish will you be targeting:icon_scratch: what kind of gear will you be using:icon_scratch:

Well unfortunately(in more ways than one:happy7: ) my buddy is getting married on the 12th so we would be looking to go after that. As far as targeting fish, I'll target anything that is biting, but we would like to catch some nice flat fish, but again I would bow to local knowledge. Here in the Upper Chesapeake we'll be catching good sized striped ones, so something different would be fun.

As far as gear goes, I've got a bit of everything from light tackle through heavy trolling rods. We targeted flounder a while back outside of Kipptopeake, along with weakfish and others and my medium action stuff worked best then, but if I'm told different I'll bring different.

I'll provide whatever bait is needed, and beer:eusa_dance: , so as long as the weather cooperates, we will be heading down around 5/19 or 5/26 for the day.

Mike

ok, gotcha:glasses2:

Roger(mdram) post a link to a similar thread I started just last week. some good info there as far as spots.

I like using a fish finder rig but some like the 2 hook style Flounder rigs, (I preferr single hook rigs).

I usally get by wth 2 to 3 oz's of lead, use a bank(or bell) sinker. squid/minow combo seems to work best, just drift the chanels on either tide.

weekends are tuff due to all the boat traffic, fisherman and non fisherman alike make the inlet a challange on weekends, so weekdays would be better for the novice.

you can also hit the local tackle shops for more info on places to-go, best bait and tides. Bev at Harbor Tackle is a good source for the above info and she is at the 4 way intersection just before the public ramp, on the right.

good luck and CSB*:icon_salut:

* = catch something Big

also, if you would like to venture offshore and fish some of the many wreck sites, join the Ocean City Reef Foundation. just click on the info under my sig for more info. OCRF has done alot to help our offshore fishery:glasses2:

Thanks a lot for the info, and the other thread, loads of good info there. I may just have to load up my son and my buddy and give it a go by ourselves. I'll post the results when we get back. Thanks again

Mike

Thanks a lot for the info, and the other thread, loads of good info there. I may just have to load up my son and my buddy and give it a go by ourselves. I'll post the results when we get back. Thanks again

Mike

ok, good luck:icon_salut:

I'd love to-go wth you and prob could if and when you can pin-point a date, or I could trailer my boat down and fish along wth you, lmk:glasses2:

ok, good luck:icon_salut:

I'd love to-go wth you and prob could if and when you can pin-point a date, or I could trailer my boat down and fish along wth you, lmk:glasses2:

I will let you know for sure what date as soon as possible, I'd enjoy the company either way.

Mike,

Join the OCRF to get the offshore #'s. If you need help with the bays, PM me. Those C-hawks/-Dorys are nice boats, how do you like it?

Mike,

Join the OCRF to get the offshore #'s. If you need help with the bays, PM me. Those C-hawks/-Dorys are nice boats, how do you like it?

I love my C-hawk, my first boat was a 21' Ken Craft cc. It absolutely amazing what a difference 2 feet can make in the rough stuff. The motor is getting some age on it, but it got a couple of more seasons in it(i hope) I've had it now for about 3 years, but am just getting started fishing it in different locations.