6 posts in this topic

Last summer i was surf casting off a beach in westbrook. I casted my sand worm out and put my rod in the PVC rod holder i had sticking in the sand. I turned my back for about 20 sec. then looked over at my rod and it was gone! I knew something pulled it into the water. So as the day went on low tide came and the sand bar came up off the beach. I could see my rod on the sand bar with a 32" striper still on the line.

Woah! Lucky guy! Good story and great catch. :)

WOW, now thats a fish story:happy7: good job Big Steve:icon_salut: but where is Westbrook:icon_scratch:

good ending to that story~!

Lot of those floating around this site though, come on people hammer those spikes in!

A rubber mallot goes a long way, if you can move it so can a big fish. Oh, and set the drags right too!

Westbrook, Connecticut. I do a lot of surfcasting there. Its really good june-october. Sandworms and fresh chunks of bunker are your best bet.

Westbrook, Connecticut. I do a lot of surfcasting there. Its really good june-october. Sandworms and fresh chunks of bunker are your best bet.

Ok, Thanks Big Steve and Welcome Aboard:icon_salut: we look foward to hearing more about fishing in New England:glasses2: