17 posts in this topic

We're taking a hit here local news says we've had 5.5" rain so far. My town is bordered on 2 sides by rivers they are evacuating the east and north side of town as I type. I have been pumping out my basement since 1 PM this afternoon I'll be SOL if we lose power. And they say the rivers aren't going to crest till 10 AM Monday morning.

Monday Woke this morning to find once again our town is an Island the rivers have closed us in on all sides.

Pictures Later rivers presently 17' above flood stage and it's still raining . The sod farm along the river that's about 100+ acres under about 5-6' of water

just got off of work At the salisbury airport, and let me tell you, certain areas there are under 3 to 4 inches of water.

Poor Oliver.....out on that ship, pukin his guts out.

Livin by the Rivers is beautiful until they decide they want to get into your Basement

2956.jpg.909a410ed02ab99a0e4eae27c5f6440

2958.jpg.59d2ee67f859d8f10b04be2e3c773ba

2953.jpg.01156ab900acda253a83fb1d6ccff84

Yeah - drove home from OC in the rain and drove to work this morning IN THE SNOW!!!!

Someone really needs to talk to Al Gore.....

Someone really needs to talk to Al Gore.....

ain't that the truth:angry3:

did you all do any good at the bulkhead yesterday:icon_scratch:

ain't that the truth:angry3:

did you all do any good at the bulkhead yesterday:icon_scratch:

Same as Saturday (nothing!) - only add a whole lotta wind and rain. First time i've ever gone there and not found a mess of tog nibbles...guess they are hiding the same place everything else is....

To tell the truth I thought it would be a lot worse down here in OC, we got real lucky things just seemed to go around and miss us. I hope everyone fared well.

Wow, some great pictures! :shock: Some horrible weather. Our sewer backed up into my downstairs bathroom and part of my office. :angry1:Spent most of Sunday cleaning and cleaning and cleaning...... At least I didn't ruin my Corvette!

Wow, some great pictures! :shock: Some horrible weather. Our sewer backed up into my downstairs bathroom and part of my office. :angry1:Spent most of Sunday cleaning and cleaning and cleaning...... At least I didn't ruin my Corvette!

At least you wet some lines.

(snicker-snicker)

Well the Sharp made it through the storm with flying colors!!!!! And believe it or not I didn't get sick at all!!!!! who woulda thunk it????? these pics are from the ride home Sunday... too busy holding on for dear life Saturday night! It started getting snotty Sat afternoon and we were on our way to Cambridge to unload the science party well the wind was starting to howl and slammed us into the dock at Sailwinds hard enough to almost knock me off my feet. We almost had to stay in Cambridge(we were having a heck of a time getting off the dock) finally get underway and around 1:30 am hit the mouth of the Choptank heading north for the C&D canal when WHAM!!!! we get hit with a gust that heels us right over waves crashing into the pilothouse windows!!!!!! now its a little hard to see but our wind speed indicator clocked that gust at 97-95 knots!!!!!!! note the pic below..... I hit the rack after that...figured if I was gonna die at sea I'd want to sleep through it. we survive the night and anchor up at the east end of the canal waiting for the tide to come up in Lewes. note the waves washing the back deck...almost a foot of water over the deck at times also note the "wet lab" almost 3 inches at times there... and I was never so happy to see that lighthouse in Lewes.... fun trip can't wait for another.....

noreaster1.jpg.57e3926a59f9bb19ccb80f482

noreaster2.jpg.a4dda7d752159804a749ea696

noreaster3.jpg.9cfc3beab8a6d81c372697b20

noreaster4.jpg.fdfd0ce742957b6c74d895117

noreaster5.jpg.d84d806acdfa23abe53730ac0

Whoah! Wild time, Oliver. Glad you made it back okay. Thanks for the pics and story.

Wait a minite I saw him the other day and he looked like he had a sun tan :dontknow: ok it could have been wind burn.. LOL nice pics