4 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, I am back. Well I have some good news...... I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to geico...LOL.. Well, We went out wednesday and had a split trip on 2 boats. One boat caught 70 or so rock up to 41 pounds and the other boat caught nothing. Unfortunatlely, I was on the boat that caught nothing. The bite didn't even happen until 3:30 up between Corolla and the state line. On thursday we didn't catch any rock. There was actually only one rock caught out of all the boats on wednesday. We don't know what happened. It's too early for the fish to be gone. They usually bite until mid march. The ones they caught on wednesday didn't even have any eggs inside of them so they should still have some work to do down there. Everyone says they went north. I am not sure. We didn't mark much bait so maybe the bait went offshore and the rock followed them. They marked fish By Rudee Inlet of wednesday but couldn't get them to bite. I think they'll be back. If they are moving north already then it's gonna be an early season so get your gear ready. On friday they had a GREAT puppy drum bite at the point. Every cast had a bite from what I heard, unfortunately I was not there. I was there saturday and I caught one puppy drum about 18''. As far as I know that was the only fish that day until we left at around 5:30. Great trip, not much to show for it though. I think I know what happenned. I think I jinxed myself by not bringing a cooler.

That seems to be the rumor,,,stripers are already heading north,,,at least you got down there to fish,,,Man, I wish I could say the same,,,you'll getem next time,,,Look on the bright side, at least you saved a bunch of money by switching to geico :D ,,,hopefully, we should be into fish within 2 months,,,can't wait!

Sorry to hear about that, man. We've all been there!

Actually, I don't have geico, I just kinda thought it fit. It's a good thing too, Geico wants like more than 3 grand a year from me and all I have is a 2003 toyota corrolla!